• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#70) Rangers vs. Nashville Predators — to Catch a Predator

7 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Sure, but they were not winning at a very good clip on home ice this season.

It was actually just a joke. I don't recognize this team, and I take back every bad thing I've said about them.

Edited by jamsim1967

A back to back goose-egg weekend!  A little offensive flexing of the muscles against a pretty shitty Nashville team.

Gotta hand it to Halak for making some really good saves at the start of the game to get us off on the right foot.  No lookin' back after that!

...And here are the Top 15 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Noxema, for those nasty sunburns from the goal light behind the net being on so extensively.

3 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Undressed the Preds D faster than a stripper at a Nashville bachelorette party

3 hours ago, siddious said:

That was such filth by Chytil he some how undressed me in my living room 

3 hours ago, Pistol Pete said:

They may need a new horn at MSG by the third period!

3 hours ago, Dem said:

Maloney doesn't look matte tonight. Must have gotten his shots before the broadcast! Good for him!!

3 hours ago, Keirik said:

What’s the nhl mercy rule ?

3 hours ago, siddious said:

Send her on vacation for the playoffs 

Next…

Touchdown…

Wins…

Guys let’s not get ahead of ourselves. This was a very close game for the first 90 seconds 

3 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Haven’t seen this kind of a pounding since Nailin’ Palin

3 hours ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

I sacrifice the first period to a nice dinner and marital tranquility and the game's already fucking over? 

3 hours ago, VegasRanger said:

Just turned game on.  Did they forget to clear the scoreboard from last night?

3 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

He watched History of the World Part II on Hulu and got motivated.

2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

TOUCHDOWN!!

2 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Unbelievable weekend for Rangers fans. Imagine for a minute if you were a first-time fan…”Wow! This is hockey? I never knew hockey had so many home runs.”

1 hour ago, siddious said:

Two day erection I’ve had? 

Some absolute brilliance tonight in the 1st period.  K' Andre piles up 4 points as we execute the "Scoregasm", and dispatch those pesky Preds, who probably won't be able to sit down for a week!

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @VegasRanger Vegas, who positively identified our crooked scorekeeper at MSG, who failed to clear the board after last night's trouncing!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Applause 1

Really hard to take anything away from games like this weekend, where the opponent is just putrid.

Glad to see Igor getting back on track, we'll learn much more about what this team is this week. Two games vs Carolina (6pt lead) with a healthy Lindgren will be a good barometer. If they can't get up for these games... 

Edited by Pete
  • Bullseye 1
  • Believe 1

• Phil unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, Pete said:

Really hard to take anything away from games like this weekend, where the opponent is just putrid.

Glad to see Igor getting back on track, we'll learn much more about what this team is this week. Two games vs Carolina (6pt lead) with a healthy Lindgren will be a good barometer. If they can't get up for these games... 

Yup.

You really garner nothing.  Though I think it absolutely helps a teams confidence you don’t really learn anything.

They do have a chance this week to sweep the season series from the Canes. 
That would be huge

• Believe 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Both opponents are in the middle of a playoff push though. I wouldn’t call them putrid per se, but they certainly didn’t play the style of game that needs to be played to be competitive against the Rangers. Way too open of a game. We’re going to see some “clog it up” bullshit soon enough, and when the Rangers have more difficulty scoring is when we’ll see their mettle tested.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • TroCheckmark 1
  • Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 1

20 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Both opponents are in the middle of a playoff push though. I wouldn’t call them putrid per se, but they certainly didn’t play the style of game that needs to be played to be competitive against the Rangers. Way too open of a game. We’re going to see some “clog it up” bullshit soon enough, and when the Rangers have more difficulty scoring is when we’ll see their mettle tested.

Yup. The games you are describing are the games they’ll be playing and need to win

56 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Nashville was missing like six of their regulars last night. 

They had guys in the lineup last night that aren't even listed in the Dangle game!!!  I was like "Who the fuck is this guy??" on some plays.  LOL

We did what we had to do, and also came off the gas after the 2nd period.  7-0 was enough of a drubbing.  No need to run it up on a team like that.  They're really bad right now with everyone out and banged up.

Trotz will get them straightened out in the next 3 years.

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Both Washington and Nashville were sellers at the deadline...

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Highs and lows, for sure. It'd be foolish to think you can take these last two games, specifically, to draw some massive conclusion, but the overall picture of their play is coming into better focus since the deadline. Largely, they appear to be settling in pretty well and we're really beginning to see what the likely lines will be heading into the playoffs.

47 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Same story as against the Penguins. Our goalies bailed us out and we finished on chances we shouldn't have/opposition goaltending was soft. Carolina is going to be a real test, but it's been nice enjoying back to back breezers. 

We take both of these and end up playing them in the playoffs and we won the mental game before the round even starts.

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

6 hours ago, Pete said:

At this point I would say to pop another blue pill or two, risk an erection lasting more than four hours and stay up all week long.

Don't forget a resurgent Florida right after the Carolina pair.  Good tests coming this week.

• Bullseye 1
  • JIMMY! 1