• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#63) Rangers at Boston Bruins — de-Fense, de-Fense

0 SOG for Zibanejad through 40, he's gotta be more decisive with the puck in the 3rd, not going to get too many second chances against the Bruins. 
And jeez I know Kaner and Bread are going to take some time to get the chemistry together, but in the meantime would it kill you to just try getting the puck on net with someone in front? 

• Bullseye 2

Just now, Karan said:

0 SOG for Zibanejad through 40, he's gotta be more decisive with the puck in the 3rd, not going to get too many second chances against the Bruins. 
And jeez I know Kaner and Bread are going to take some time to get the chemistry together, but in the meantime would it kill you to just try getting the puck on net with someone in front? 

They've had great chemistry in the past, for sure. Both of them are usually looking to pass, which can be a problem.

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Entire D is exhausted. Fox especially looks like he;s skating in sand. 

no doubt but my gripe was the forwards positioning on that one.  I keep reminding myself we are missing 2 huge pieces in defense right now and at least hanging in there. 

1 minute ago, mbob said:

no doubt but my gripe was the forwards positioning on that one.  I keep reminding myself we are missing 2 huge pieces in defense right now and at least hanging in there. 

It's really goddamn hard to be missing 2D and 1 forward in any game, let alone in like 4 games straight. Lots of tired legs. 

Right now, Ben Harpur is our #3. And bless his heart, he's done well enough in the role, but that's really not his jam.

Hopefully, we get to see the "real" Rangers next game. Lindgren and Miller can't come back fast enough.

• VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

General announcement here: use the report feature if it's needed, people. It's there for a reason. We're good, but we don't see everything 🙂

So basically a whole bunch of Gallant's running the forum, makes sense 😛 

Direct TV marketing meeting; "Nobody likes our service since the internet made satellite transmission pointless, and nobody likes losing  service when it rains.  Off a worthless ad campaign with Serena Williams, we need to repel even more potential viewers. How about Dax Prescott and the real housewives? " 

1 minute ago, phillyb said:

For as shit as play by play has been, I kinda like Kaplan. 

I think she's working hard to be a net positive to the broadcast and endear herself to the players. I love the little details she puts in (saying "thanks" in the players native language), and bluntly, she's getting really damn good at being a smart mid-game presence.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, LindG1000 said:

I think she's working hard to be a net positive to the broadcast and endear herself to the players. I love the little details she puts in (saying "thanks" in the players native language), and bluntly, she's getting really damn good at being a smart mid-game presence.

Yeah, the “merci” to laf was great. Maybe I don’t pay attention to a lot of the broadcasts I watch but I even find her questions better. They’re direct. 

Maybe she can ask Turk why he pulled the fucking goalie with 2:53 left without establishing possession that fuckin piece of shit. 

Just now, phillyb said:

Yeah, the “merci” to laf was great. Maybe I don’t pay attention to a lot of the broadcasts I watch but I even find her questions better. They’re direct. 

Maybe she can ask Turk why he pulled the fucking goalie with 2:53 left without establishing possession that fuckin piece of shit. 

She did an interview with Chytil in the playoffs last year that she ended with "thanks" in Czech and he just lit up. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Honestly - for 3 games in 3.5 days, down 2 D, against a team pacing to be the best team in league history? This is about as good as I'd expect. 

I think that’s selling them short. They’ve exceeded expectations in my mind. This is about what you might expect a fully healthy Rangers team to look like against this B’s team in Boston…tight game and generating some pretty good chances. B’s have had a few more high danger chances I believe, but Rangers borderline dominated that 2nd period. If they can repeat that effort in the 3rd, they can leave with their head held high and some confidence regardless of a W or L

• Believe 1

Just now, LindG1000 said:

She did an interview with Chytil in the playoffs last year that she ended with "thanks" in Czech and he just lit up. 

Love it. Don’t remember that one but that’s great. And yeah you could tell that Laf liked the french. Seemed to catch him by surprised and made him smile. 

Now put that puck in the back of the net. 

9 minutes ago, phillyb said:

For as shit as play by play has been, I kinda like Kaplan. 

Kaplan is the most informed person on the telecast without the noticeable bias against the Rangers displayed by Ferraro 

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1