• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade Vitali Kravtsov to Canucks for William Lockwood, 2026 7th Round Pick

Blue Heaven

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Awkward George Costanza GIF

This is 2 weeks ago. Have you been paying attention, or living under a rock? Nobody wanted the guy. He was not an asset. 

The mismanagement was picking him in the first place. 

Edited by Pete

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

This is 2 weeks ago. Have you been paying attention, or living under a rock? Nobody wanted the guy. He was not an asset. 

I can't believe I'm defending Pete but the above only shows that he's an asset to the Rangers, not a trade asset.

They must be getting Kane for absolutely nothing, because as bad as this trade value is for Kravtsov, the Rangers would have just hung onto him at this price. I would not be shocked for Kravtsov to turn into a 80 point player in the NHL, or go back to the KHL next year and be irrelevant for the rest of his career. It’s that wide of a range of possibilities imo.

None of that matters if they get Kane for like a C grade prospect, 3rd, and 5th. I’d waive Kravtsov for nothing to do that.

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Ohhhh.  So, I said a week ago. Therefore I was wrong. It was 2 weeks ago that you thought that he shouldn't be given away.  Definitely not a week ago. 

Got it.  

Did you happen to catch @Winterquoting you a couple posts back? Is the 19th a week ago? Maybe I should have dug that up as per your request. 

Come on man. Stop being a hard ass. You didn't like the idea a week + ago. I could understand if you said you gave up and just wanted to move on to get this trade moving. But to be argumentative here? Over this?  You can change your mind. Just say you did instead of being that way. 

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Ohhhh.  So, I said a week ago. Therefore I was wrong. It was 2 weeks ago that you thought that he shouldn't be given away.  Definitely not a week ago. 

Got it.  

Did you happen to catch @Winterquoting you a couple posts back? Is the 19th a week ago? Maybe I should have dug that up as per your request. 

Come on man. Stop being a hard ass. You didn't like the idea a week + ago. I could understand if you said you gave up and just wanted to move on to get this trade moving. But to be argumentative here? Over this?  You can change your mind. Just say you did instead of being that way. 

I just said I changed my mind LOL. Two weeks ago I thought they could get more, today I don't. 

• Applause 1

2 minutes ago, siddious said:

What a waste of a pick and a shit show.

There’s no point in getting angry anymore when they trade first rounders because they clearly have no idea how to draft and develop. 

The entire rebuild got them a better than average 3rd line. Pretty wild. 

• LMFAO 3

5 minutes ago, Tonybologna said:

Good for him, he got a really unfair shake here in NY. From the org, media, fans, and most importantly a shit-for-brains coach. I imagine he'll get some playing time in Vancouver and be worth a bit more than a Lockwood and 7th rounder this time next year.

Yeah, I agree. I think the kid makes it in the league as a top 6 guy. Think his attitude situation was way overblown in correlation to Gallant being a dipshit with Drury having some personal thing against him earlier. 

There's no doubt in my mind that this kids value would have sky rocketed if he was given the opportunity Vesey was given  (how's that top 6 been looking with him in it??)  

Time to move on and say good luck to another wasted 1st round pick. 

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

9 minutes ago, siddious said:

What a waste of a pick and a shit show.

There’s no point in getting angry anymore when they trade first rounders because they clearly have no idea how to draft and develop. 

Not sure who’s worse the NY RANGERS or NY GIANTS. Both don’t know how to draft successfully. 

10 minutes ago, fletch said:

I know it's more fun to have a knee jerk reaction, but can we at least see what our roster looks like after the trade deadline?  Unless you don't trust our GM to be making moves for a purpose.  Then, by all means, get out the pitchforks.

season 5 the krusty sponge GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I mean ok but that doesn’t change the return for krsvtsov is bad 

2 minutes ago, siddious said:

I mean ok but that doesn’t change the return for krsvtsov is bad 

Perhaps the GM took the best offer available in preparation for other planned moves.  My point is to at least wait to judge the GMs moves until after the trade deadline.  I'd argue that we should wait to see whether the Rangers make a deep run in the playoffs or not to see whether the rentals were worth it.  But that's a pretty boring take, isn't it?