• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Who Gets Kane?

Phil

Who Gets Kane?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Call it

• Vegas Golden Knights
    • Edmonton Oilers
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Dallas Stars
    • New York Rangers
    • He stays with Chicago

Im not sure how we could possibly fit him cap-wise

Chicago also HAS to get a first round pick out of this and we don't have one to move (both of our firsts are tied up in conditions with the Tarasenko deal) unless we're giving a 2024 first but I think Chicago, trying to rebuild, wants one for this year.

Vegas has all the cap room in the world with Stone on IR. They will certainly be the front-runners to get him. I can see Edmonton in the mix though. McDavid to Kane would be pretty amazing hockey to watch

Just now, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Im not sure how we could possibly fit him cap-wise

Chicago also HAS to get a first round pick out of this and we don't have one to move (both of our firsts are tied up in conditions with the Tarasenko deal) unless we're giving a 2024 first but I think Chicago, trying to rebuild, wants one for this year.

Vegas has all the cap room in the world with Stone on IR. They will certainly be the front-runners to get him. I can see Edmonton in the mix though. McDavid to Kane would be pretty amazing hockey to watch

If we really wanted, we could give the "higher of the two picks", since it's the anti-condition for the Tarasenko pick. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

If we really wanted, we could give the "higher of the two picks", since it's the anti-condition for the Tarasenko pick. 

good point

Still just don't see how we end up fitting this cap-wise. If Drury can work some magic I'm certainly all for it, as long as it basically boils down to that pick and Kravstov and maybe a B-C Prospect (No Othmann, and honestly no Cuylle either)

9 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

good point

Still just don't see how we end up fitting this cap-wise. If Drury can work some magic I'm certainly all for it, as long as it basically boils down to that pick and Kravstov and maybe a B-C Prospect (No Othmann, and honestly no Cuylle either)

A few articles have made it clear that trading Kravtsov and waiving Leschychyn is enough if you get the double-retention.

• Believe 1

True.

Also at least one article out there saying there's clearly no interest in Kravtsov throughout the league partially because the  belief is he's running back to the KHL. I think it's been mentioned before in published articles that CH definitely wasn't interested in him which complicates it and would require us to lose another asset in addition to losing him somewhere somehow.

I believe it was also suggested that keeping Krav and sending him to Hartford to play out the rest of the season  would be a good thing to have him around for depth in the playoffs. I can't see him all of the sudden being amicable to that. Especially if he's intent on bailing back to the KHL. What a mess.

It really smells like his value is below Walmart's blue light special at this point.

7 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

True.

Also at least one article out there saying there's clearly no interest in Kravtsov throughout the league partially because the  belief is he's running back to the KHL. I think it's been mentioned before in published articles that CH definitely wasn't interested in him which complicates it and would require us to lose another asset in addition to losing him somewhere somehow.

I believe it was also suggested that keeping Krav and sending him to Hartford to play out the rest of the season  would be a good thing to have him around for depth in the playoffs. I can't see him all of the sudden being amicable to that. Especially if he's intent on bailing back to the KHL. What a mess.

It really smells like his value is below Walmart's blue light special at this point.

I dont think he can go down to Hartford without passing through waivers

We apparently already balked at the price for Kane when we opted for VT.  I don't see why the price would be lower now, especially given that with the addition of the two guys from St. Louis, we have less cap space and would have to sweeten the deal to pay off a third team to absorb cap space.  We might have had to do that to a degree before the deal with St. Louis, but it would be more absorbed cap now which means a greater price for someone to take it.

If the Devils get this guy, they'd start looking like Toronto, with a set of really big contracts and no room for good foot soldiers.

Not sure the Devils would seriously look at a guy like Kane who I would think would be a pure rental for them. I think they would be more focused on somebody they would try and resign after this season with Timo being at the top of that list. Just a hunch. They may look at a smaller piece, 6th D,4 line guy for mid round picks. But if they're gunna make a big run at somebody it wouldn't be Kane, just my opinion.