• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Tarasenko (50%), Mikkola From Blues for Blais, Hunter Skinner, Conditional 1st & 4th

Cash or Czech

Just now, RangersIn7 said:

As facetious as we are being about that…

I actually think he’d have been a useful player with some value down the stretch and in the playoffs.

But it’s fine.

I don't think he was as bad as talked about here, just surprised St. Louis wanted him included.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Kakko now has a Finn buddy. 

I honestly know zero about Niko Mikkola, besides that his name reminds me of former NHLer Mikko Mäkelä as one of the most fun names to say. Like ever.

Now we need to go get a misfit toy buddy for Lafreniere. 

• LOL 1

25 minutes ago, jamsim1967 said:

I don't think he was as bad as talked about here, just surprised St. Louis wanted him included.

13 minutes ago, siddious said:

He wasn’t. Clearly recovering from surgery and all that. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him put up a nice season next year. 

Yup

Hes a hockey player who can help.

Just bad luck/timing, what have you 

• Bullseye 1

3 hours ago, siddious said:

they’re old and they’re peaking mid-season. Fuck the bruins. Only teams I’m worried about are Colorado and Tampa.

I am not worried about either of these teams.  If we get to the SCF, it’s a tough matchup whoever it is.  TB is likely to get bounced  first round of the playoffs.  You can quote me after it happens.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jamsim1967 said:

I''m sure they had no interest in him being included, especially as his contract is ending.  Taking him was part of what they were giving to us, not the other way around.  If we'd kept him, we'd probably had to put him through the indignity of waivers and we get hit with a couple of hundred thou cap hit. 

• Bullseye 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

The coach is the biggest blocker. Not the roster. 

5 hours ago, CSNY1 said:

Great trade and settles lines down so Gallant can’t really screw around with them too much  Just hope that he doesn’t cut the kids minutes with this acquisition

My first thought was: fucking great trade.

My second thought was: Jerry Gallant is going to find a way to fuck this up. My money is on breaking up the kid line to put Vesey there. 

2 hours ago, Gravesy said:

My first thought was: fucking great trade.

My second thought was: Jerry Gallant is going to find a way to fuck this up. My money is on breaking up the kid line to put Vesey there. 

That would be too much of a "look-at-me" move.  If it floundered he'd get fired immediately.

Good Morning to everyone. Especially Vladimir Tarasenko.

FWIW, we have a pretty good track record for star players scoring in their first game as Rangers at MSG.

Lindros, Bure, Kovalev, Jagr, Shanahan, Drury, Gaborik, Nash and Panarin all have.

Tarasenko is +180 for an anytime goal tonight if any of you fine people are looking to score some extra $ for your Super Bowl boxes. 

😘