• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Tarasenko (50%), Mikkola From Blues for Blais, Hunter Skinner, Conditional 1st & 4th

Cash or Czech

1 hour ago, Long live the King said:

Maybe the Buch trade wasn't that bad after all.  Surprise surprise GG didn't know how to use Blais.

Nah. He just couldn't handle being out of STL, especially in a big market like NY. You don't go 0g 9pts in 54 games because of the coach.

23 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Nah. He just couldn't handle being out of STL, especially in a big market like NY. You don't go 0g 9pts in 54 games because of the coach.

Well he immediately jumped from 9 to 13 minutes upon arriving back in STL. He's also getting PP time.

The consideration of course is that the Blues suck and he wasn't getting that opportunity here anyway.

But then again they did trade for 2 RWs at the deadline and you'd have to think the Tro line would look like a better forechecking line with Blais. 

37 minutes ago, Pete said:

Well he immediately jumped from 9 to 13 minutes upon arriving back in STL. He's also getting PP time.

The consideration of course is that the Blues suck and he wasn't getting that opportunity here anyway.

But then again they did trade for 2 RWs at the deadline and you'd have to think the Tro line would look like a better forechecking line with Blais. 

It's also entirely possible he's just more comfortable there. Lots of guys still in that room he came up with, or played with for years, etc.

3 hours ago, Pete said:

1 PP point (assist) says that part doesn't matter.

10 min a night should have been enough to score a few goals here this year. He averaged 13 last year pre-injury and couldn't score either. This guy got outperformed the likes of Ryan Reaves, Ryan Carpenter, and Dryden Hunt. Goat on 8 min a night blew him away.

4 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

1 PP point (assist) says that part doesn't matter.

10 min a night should have been enough to score a few goals here this year. He averaged 13 last year pre-injury and couldn't score either. This guy got outperformed the likes of Ryan Reaves, Ryan Carpenter, and Dryden Hunt. Goat on 8 min a night blew him away.

I don't really agree with that. If you expected him to produce with Ryan Reeves, Ryan Carpenter and Dryden Hunt, then that's kind of on you.

He's playing with Vrana and Schenn. That's a pretty significant difference in skill level. If you're going to knock him for not being able to produce with the shitty talent he was surrounded by here then I'd say you just had unrealistic expectations, and so did GG. 

10 minutes a night might be enough to score a few goals here and there, but 10 minutes a night playing with the guys he was playing with... He could have gotten 20 minutes a night with those guys and that line in its entirety might not have scored any points.

Gauthier has a whopping 4 points since leaving. He's not blowing anyone away. He just blows.

Edited by Pete

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I don't really agree with that. If you expected him to produce with Ryan Reeves, Ryan Carpenter and Dryden Hunt, then that's kind of on you.

He's playing with Vrana and Schenn. That's a pretty significant difference in skill level. If you're going to knock him for not being able to produce with the shitty talent he was surrounded by here then I'd say you just had unrealistic expectations, and so did GG. 

10 minutes a night might be enough to score a few goals here and there, but 10 minutes a night playing with the guys he was playing with... He could have gotten 20 minutes a night with those guys and that line in its entirety might not have scored any points.

Gauthier has a whopping 4 points since leaving. He's not blowing anyone away. He just blows.

This post was a big waste of time because it doesn’t address that Blais was outproduced by all of the guys I mentioned. So let me get this straight, Blais didn’t produce because he was playing with trash, the same trash that outproduced him as Rangers? Nobody asked him to do on the 4th line here, what he’s doing in STL. We just thought maybe he’d score a goal or two and he couldn’t manage that. I’ll let you have a mulligan on this one here.

11 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

This post was a big waste of time because it doesn’t address that Blais was outproduced by all of the guys I mentioned. So let me get this straight, Blais didn’t produce because he was playing with trash, the same trash that outproduced him as Rangers? Nobody asked him to do on the 4th line here, what he’s doing in STL. We just thought maybe he’d score a goal or two and he couldn’t manage that. I’ll let you have a mulligan on this one here.

And yet surprisingly none of those players are here! Your point whittles down to they got luckymore often than he did. That's quite the leg to stand on.

He's playing with better players and doing a really good job of complimenting them, so there's no reason he couldn't have done that here if given the role.

You're wrong and it's OK. We know you're used to it by now. 

Edited by Pete

Just now, RangersIn7 said:

It just didn’t work out for him here. Bad luck. The injury. Long layoff. Tough rehab. 
It’s what it is.

Glad he’s got things going for himself.

Yup!  I wish the best for the guy!  Glad to see he's back playing at full strength.

At least he left us with a great memory of laying out Lucic!

1 hour ago, Pete said:

And yet surprisingly none of those players are here! Your point whittles down to they got luckymore often than he did. That's quite the leg to stand on.

He's playing with better players and doing a really good job of complimenting them, so there's no reason he couldn't have done that here if given the role.

You're wrong and it's OK. We know you're used to it by now. 

Yes. Multiple waiver wire quality players just got lucky more than he did. That’s it.

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

3 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Yes. Multiple waiver wire quality players just got lucky more than he did. That’s it.

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

That's it, massage the open concept. 

Carpenter and Hunt are in the AHL today. Hunt couldn't even crack the NHL lineup of a bad team in Calgary. Reeves is still a fourth liner for Minnesota.

Blais is a third liner thriving and playing on the PP. But you're right...he was clearly the worst player of the bunch...really has nothing to do with role or usage at all... Which is dependent on the coach.

I'm sure you're tired of all the "#winning".

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

That's it, massage the open concept. 

Carpenter and Hunt are in the AHL today. Hunt couldn't even crack the NHL lineup of a bad team in Calgary. Reeves is still a fourth liner for Minnesota.

Blais is a third liner thriving and playing on the PP. But you're right...he was clearly the worst player of the bunch...really has nothing to do with role or usage at all... Which is dependent on the coach.

I'm sure you're tired of all the "#winning".

I really wish it was open concept right now, then I wouldn’t be dealing with the migraine I have from reading your posts.

Don’t care what the others are doing now. I care what they did as Rangers, and as Rangers they outperformed Blais. It’s kind of ironic that you’re using a “low ice time” argument to defend Blais’ zero goals of production here, but any mention of low ice time for the kids or anyone else as a reason for lesser production is met with the response that they haven’t earned more ice time. The drive to work must have been sketchy this morning because you don’t know which lane you want to be in.

• Keeps it 100 1

IIRC Blah was tried on all lines and just sucked. Maybe he could have used more ice too and whatever else but the fact he left goalless is entirely unacceptable and 💯 on him. Worse players have done more with less. Good riddance.

As he so hilariously said in an interview “he should have never left.”

18 minutes ago, Shane Falco said:

IIRC Blah was tried on all lines and just sucked. Maybe he could have used more ice too and whatever else but the fact he left goalless is entirely unacceptable and 💯 on him. Worse players have done more with less. Good riddance.

As he so hilariously said in an interview “he should have never left.”

He didn't play poorly pre injury.  He was playing primarily with Chytil and spent some time with CK-Zib.  Just didn't happen to score in those 14 games.

Trying to work his way back from injury he had a rotating cast of Carpenter, Gauthier, Goodrow, Reaves, Brodzinski, Kravtsov, and Leschhyn.  Carpenter, Reaves, Brodzinski, and Leschhyn combined for 2 goals in 64 games.  Krav had 3 goals, 2 assisted by Panarin and 1 by Chytil, so also a guy that fail to score with the trash 4th liners.  Blais had an assist on half of Gauthier's goals.  Coming back from injury he was never given a chance with a good center.  He played about 385 minutes; about 12.5 with Trocheck, 31.5 with Chytil, and 5.5 with Zib.  The other 335 minutes were with trash.

2 hours ago, Long live the King said:

He didn't play poorly pre injury.  He was playing primarily with Chytil and spent some time with CK-Zib.  Just didn't happen to score in those 14 games.

Trying to work his way back from injury he had a rotating cast of Carpenter, Gauthier, Goodrow, Reaves, Brodzinski, Kravtsov, and Leschhyn.  Carpenter, Reaves, Brodzinski, and Leschhyn combined for 2 goals in 64 games.  Krav had 3 goals, 2 assisted by Panarin and 1 by Chytil, so also a guy that fail to score with the trash 4th liners.  Blais had an assist on half of Gauthier's goals.  Coming back from injury he was never given a chance with a good center.  He played about 385 minutes; about 12.5 with Trocheck, 31.5 with Chytil, and 5.5 with Zib.  The other 335 minutes were with trash.

And maybe he's not a guy who can play on the top line, but he's a guy who can play on the third.

I don't care about how it worked out, I'm just saying it's fair to say he was misused by Gallant post-injury.

3 hours ago, Long live the King said:

Zero goals

Like I said before, worse players have done more with less. 

I’m out. ✌🏿

• 3 weeks later...