• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #41] Rangers at New Jersey Devils — Oohhhhh We're Halfway There

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

No argument there but they still were in ot and had every chance to take that second point. Oh well. On to the next one. 

Yeah and Zibanejad missed the net on a breakaway. 

the Goodrow pass

Trouba flopping

all worse than Lafreniere’s blunder. 100x worse 

19 minutes ago, josh said:

the Goodrow pass

Trouba flopping

Let's point at everyone else to take attention away from he who's nuts you hug. 

14 minutes ago, josh said:

the Goodrow pass

Trouba flopping

Yes and no. I did also comment on Ziby missing on a breakaway. Pretty weak.Worse than directly leading to the game winning goal though? Disagree. Ziby is a different animal. He has a long career of proving he deserves to be out there in big moments. Alf was put in a position to try and succeed where he literally directly cost us a point with a bumbling idiot of an error. Young and inexperienced and all that but that's not a mistake im going to just dismiss. He's in year 3 on his career and fresh off a trip to the Stanley Cup semi finals. He was literally given an opportunity where there is so much space that it's actually more difficult to get stripped and collide with another hockey player. Yet he found a way. I don't think I've ever seen a collision in 3 v 3 before lol. It's next to impossible. 

• Like 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

41 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Yes and no. I did also comment on Ziby missing on a breakaway. Pretty weak.Worse than directly leading to the game winning goal though? Disagree. Ziby is a different animal. He has a long career of proving he deserves to be out there in big moments. Alf was put in a position to try and succeed where he literally directly cost us a point with a bumbling idiot of an error. Young and inexperienced and all that but that's not a mistake im going to just dismiss. He's in year 3 on his career and fresh off a trip to the Stanley Cup semi finals. He was literally given an opportunity where there is so much space that it's actually more difficult to get stripped and collide with another hockey player. Yet he found a way. I don't think I've ever seen a collision in 3 v 3 before lol. It's next to impossible. 

Not even sure what he was trying to do there, run into Chytil instead? Crawl up Chytil's ass so it was impossible to get him the puck anyway.  I thought we were in for something special when he was flying up the wing with the speed of a wounded slug. I was right we were.

Yep Zib's miss was terrible as well.  Just bad. As mentioned many of the others mentioned though he actually has a track record of having done something at this level.  

• Bullseye 1

2 hours ago, jsrangers said:

Not even sure what he was trying to do there, run into Chytil instead? Crawl up Chytil's ass so it was impossible to get him the puck anyway.  I thought we were in for something special when he was flying up the wing with the speed of a wounded slug. I was right we were.

Yep Zib's miss was terrible as well.  Just bad. As mentioned many of the others mentioned though he actually has a track record of having done something at this level.  

I guess it’s a sign of how far away ALF actually is. It’s why I say he’s due for Kakkos contract basically and why he isn’t getting an offer sheet from anyone. It’s possible but I have a hard time seeing how any organization is going to put themselves out there to do so just because he’s a 1OA even though he looks like Alexander Daigle rather than anyone else. 
2 x 2.9-3.2 unless something seriously changes. I’m fine with that to be honest just because our track record looks more like 4-5 years for guys. 

as long as we keep winning. 

10 hours ago, Keirik said:

I guess it’s a sign of how far away ALF actually is. It’s why I say he’s due for Kakkos contract basically and why he isn’t getting an offer sheet from anyone. It’s possible but I have a hard time seeing how any organization is going to put themselves out there to do so just because he’s a 1OA even though he looks like Alexander Daigle rather than anyone else. 
2 x 2.9-3.2 unless something seriously changes. I’m fine with that to be honest just because our track record looks more like 4-5 years for guys. 

as long as we keep winning. 

Sadly. Daigle looked marginally better in his 1st 3- 4 years. You saw the talent. There were spurts. Frankly in those years he busted as what looks like 1/2 a point a game player up until he went to the Flyers. His first 2 years were alright. 3rd year was Lafreniere- esqueI, then a 50 point season before ottawa dumped him.  Those aren't complete garbage numbers. But he was definitely a space cadet, who later admitted he wasn't really into the game.  

I don't remember that he came back 4 years later and stunk on the Pens, but the following year did pretty good with the Wild. 

For his time, he was a bust. But I think the tolerance level and coddling of today, it would be a different story if he did that as a Ranger now . Jesus look at how we adore Kakko. Some are just now wondering if Lafrenière is anything more than a 3rd liner.

People have become more patient. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. Some players should be expected to be much better from the start. These 2 are prime examples. 1 more than the other. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Sadly. Daigle looked marginally better in his 1st 3- 4 years. You saw the talent. There were spurts. Frankly in those years he busted as what looks like 1/2 a point a game player up until he went to the Flyers. His first 2 years were alright. 3rd year was Lafreniere- esqueI, then a 50 point season before ottawa dumped him.  Those aren't complete garbage numbers. But he was definitely a space cadet, who later admitted he wasn't really into the game.  

I don't remember that he came back 4 years later and stunk on the Pens, but the following year did pretty good with the Wild. 

For his time, he was a bust. But I think the tolerance level and coddling of today, it would be a different story if he did that as a Ranger now . Jesus look at how we adore Kakko. Some are just now wondering if Lafrenière is anything more than a 3rd liner.

People have become more patient. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. Some players should be expected to be much better from the start. These 2 are prime examples. 1 more than the other. 

I guess we can hope to get a package for Laf as good as Prospal and Falloon 😕

3 hours ago, NY Chief said:

If Laf was not watching Hughes and saying to himself “I’m a 1OA. I need to play like that than fuck his attitude.

That little prick plays like he owns the ice every time he steps on it in his head. He makes a ton of mistakes but he definitely has "it". He's also doing it with a winger with up until the last 2/3 games had ONE goal on the season in Haula, he's way up to two now.

Edited by jsrangers

• Drew a Penalty changed the title to [RS #41] Rangers at New Jersey Devils — Oohhhhh We're Halfway There