• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #35] Rangers vs New York Islanders — a Festivus Eve Feat of Strength

Drew a Penalty

18 minutes ago, Mdk154 said:

He wanted to feed trouba streaking up the boards but trouba stood there likr a statue. So he paused then and lost the puck. If trouba moved he would have sent him up the boards

Cant blame trouba there my man. Luckily Kakko made up for the blunder. 

23 minutes ago, siddious said:

Ily but o couldn’t turn it on and they won.

also I’ve been a fan since 98 or so and this team has been abysmal. I’m catching ona theme here.

It's all about the typos. Once tje rest of you embrace the power we will finally go places.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rangers said:

Missed the game, had guests over. How was it?

Traded goals, Isles took a lead into the third. Kakko made a bone head move earlier that led to a breakaway goal then slapped his dick on the ice and got the game winner after the Gauthier and Goodrow show tied it up twice.

I have been ice cold (think Dawson, Jack; passenger on RMS Titanic) with my sports betting lately. I had a parlay laid out that hit the other night. But 15 minutes before puck drop in a few games, I took one portion out and replaced it. My replaced part is what held me back from winning a nice chunk. That is the kind of bad stretch I’m in.

That being said, right before the 3rd started tonight, hand to God, I wrote to my cousins in our group text that Kakko was going to redeem himself with a goal in the 3rd and that we would win 5-3.

Maybe, MAYBE, it’s a sign I’m due for a fucking heater!

Great win by the boys! Keep it going!

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • The Chyt! 1

He can't get caught there regardless of what Trouba does or doesn't do. It was just a terrible play, dump it deep do anything but that. It was a total lack of awareness. 

Thankfully after a rub and tug from Kreider and a big show of faith from GG he redeemed himself nicely late in this one. 

• Keeps it 100 1

Redemption can be so sweet!!  A very resilient game by our boys tonight, fighting back 3 times to close out the Isles with huge 3rd period!

Lots of hilarious zingers in the GDT tonight!!

....And here are the Top 15 nominees for Ozzy’s Quote of the GDT, sponsored by Calvin Klein: the maker of Kreider's fine bath robe!  @LindG1000 😉

4 hours ago, Karan said:

@josh must be active in The Hot Chicks thread again. 

4 hours ago, Keirik said:

Anders Lee looks like a Neanderthal with that under bite of his 

3 hours ago, Keirik said:

#2 overall. Nhl ready. Any day now. 

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Fuck you. Say something. 

Gauthier. For. Life. 

3 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

You have a bad day or you with Ozzy drinking?

3 hours ago, josh said:

I miss having so many too many men on the ice penalties. Man, those were the days. 

2 hours ago, NY Chief said:

Jackie the Jokeman blamed that on too many U turns under the sheet…..

2 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Trouba fires bombs from fucking Queens and when he gets in close he gets gunshy. 

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

Hisbqrap around was like watching a tank try to parallel park in said Queens 

2 hours ago, josh said:

Anyone think Keirik used to run Trumps Twitter account until the covfefe incident?? 

2 hours ago, NY Chief said:

My KAK just stood straight up!

Bottom Shelf, where Nonna hides the Stella Doros 

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Better than Straka. He'd have drop passed to Jagr on a penalty shot.

You fucking know Kreider's sitting there on off days in a red leather chair and a silk bathrobe, bubble pipe in hand, reading these kids Chicken Soup for the Soul and spiking their Gatorade with creatine.

2 hours ago, Valriera said:

Kakko even celebrates like he’s gummed up with semen, how did we draft the two kids from Superbad???

Tough picking a winner tonight, but our winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to The G- Man, @LindG1000!!!

I think we all had @The Dude in our thoughts when Goat filleted Sorokin with that silky backhand move!  I'm starting to think this guy may have started turning the corner this season! 

A big win and "Feel Good" effort heading to the break!!  Just what the doctor ordered.  It felt like a playoff game, and I'm glad Gallant stuck with the kid after that fuck up, in a game with some importance.

A sweet Christmas gift to all of us tonight!

Merry Christmas you crazy bastards!! 
All luvvs from the Ozz man!!!

• Like 3
  • JIMMY! 1

52 minutes ago, Mdk154 said:

Just stating facts. He was anticipating a move trouba makes when he is on. He decided not to that time for some reason.

27 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

He can't get caught there regardless of what Trouba does or doesn't do. It was just a terrible play, dump it deep do anything but that. It was a total lack of awareness. 

Thankfully after a rub and tug from Kreider and a big show of faith from GG he redeemed himself nicely late in this one. 

Yeah this is my take also. Besides thr dsngle started way before thr blue line and he had multiple times to cycle it back but just tried to do too much himself. I wouldn't have been hard on him but we are talking about a guy in his 4th year. He should know better by now. Luckily he made amends 

Fell asleep some time during the 2nd period after Kakko's fuck up. Man was I happy to see he got the game winner when I woke up today. He's been playing really well for a while and the last few games he's been consistent on the scoreboard as well. This was a big moment for him, going from villain to hero in a big game against a divisional rival. Hopefully it's only up from here for the big Kakk.

• Bullseye 1

Winning a game without leaving it all to Igor to handle is big. 

This team is deep. 3 lines that can all score, 4th line with good speed that can chip in.

They need a team defensive concept, badly, but they're not going to have trouble in the playoffs because they have some change of pace lines. 

Edited by Pete

42 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Bad turnover aside, it's finally nice to see Kakko getting the results on the scoresheet to go along with the efforts he's been putting in night and night out more often than not. Now, only if we can start feeling good about Lafreniere again.

He has 4 points in his last 5 games.

7 points in 9 games.

11 hours ago, Keirik said:

Yeah this is my take also. Besides thr dsngle started way before thr blue line and he had multiple times to cycle it back but just tried to do too much himself. I wouldn't have been hard on him but we are talking about a guy in his 4th year. He should know better by now. Luckily he made amends 

I think that the team went right to him and he got the "shake it off" from Kreider and (was it Trocheck too?) meant a lot to him. I get the sense with Kakko that nobody is harder on him than he is, and for others to just tell him to get past it and let it go - and then to get the result from that? Big moment for the guy. 

14 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I think that the team went right to him and he got the "shake it off" from Kreider and (was it Trocheck too?) meant a lot to him. I get the sense with Kakko that nobody is harder on him than he is, and for others to just tell him to get past it and let it go - and then to get the result from that? Big moment for the guy. 

Lord I sure hope so. If this spring boards him into the next level of development it’ll be the best acquisition we could get sans gutting prospects via trade. As you said last night, his production is starting in recent games

1 hour ago, LindG1000 said:

It was Kreider and Goodrow...

5 goals and 7 points in the last 8 games for 24.

• Phil unpinned this topic