• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan Lindgren Out With Upper-Body Injury

Phil

10 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Blindsided hits will do this to you. Probably could've given an unsportsmanlike to go along with it since it was obviously retribution for the clean hit that Pastrnak just took on the boards.

Should be a suspension. 

• Cheers 1

Brooks - Lindgren Ready To Return

Ryan Lindgren is poised to make his return to the Rangers’ lineup Thursday at Detroit after the defenseman had been sidelined with an upper-body issue the last two games.

Lindgren, whose value becomes even more recognizable when he is missing from the Rangers’ top four, said he incurred the injury as a direct result of the retaliatory blindside hit he took from the Bruins’ David Pastrnak early in the first period on Nov. 3.

The open-ice blow that resulted in an interference penalty came seconds after Lindgren had leveled the Boston winger with a thunderous hit against the boards. Lindgren played two more shifts before leaving the contest midway through the first.

“I didn’t see him coming,” said Lindgren, who had released the puck to his right before Pastrnak came at him high from the left. “I probably should have known he would come at me.

Julien Gauthier was a full participant in practice after missing the game Tuesday with an upper-body issue. The Rangers, fully healthy, will take the full 23-man roster on the trip, more than likely because the players’ dads will join the club on the jaunt.

A decision, though, on cutting down to 22 and thus creating critically needed cap space down the line, should soon follow. It seems that the call would be between Gauthier and center Ryan Carpenter, who just has not been very effective on the fourth line.

Edited by jsrangers