• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #5] Rangers vs. San Jose Sharks — Kaapo a Kaapo

Drew a Penalty

They all seemed so out of sync. I mean it happens. You’re not gonna come out flying every single night and be in mid season form. You’re going to have your games that are slogs where you look ugly, both against teams you should be beating and against teams you’re eye to eye with. Need to pick up points anywhere and anytime you can. Even still, no excuse for such a terrible game against such a terrible team. 

Gallant is going to have these boys skating tomorrow until their teeth bleed. Ooof.

Anyone have any idea who he's got an issue with, the reporter who was comparing what happened tonight with giving up two goals in the third last game. Gallant kept going on quite a bit longer letting the guy know he didn't know what he was talking about but you could tell the guy was getting under his skin🤣

Thing is, we had a whole bunch of crossbars/high quality chances we didn't capitalize in the first two periods that make this a different game otherwise. Yes we were sloppy, but I hope GG doesn't go full on 'discipline' to the point that we overcorrect and struggle on offense.

Didn’t see this talked about in here, and didn’t hear it mentioned on the MSG broadcast. But apparently, they threw something up on the board for Quinn during one of the stoppages in play. And from what I read on Twitter, it appears that the overwhelming majority booed.

To be honest, that’s just a stupid reaction from the fanbase. Quinn and this rebuild went hand in hand; these kids were learning how to get their feet wet in this league and so was he. They both helped one another grow. All in all, like any coach, there is a shelf life. There are decisions that will make you scratch your head. And in the end, yes I do agree it was time for the team to move on and hire a more win-now coach which they did with Gallant. But, this is no indictment of Quinn, who was a good representative of this organization during his time here. I’m happy he’s getting another shot at coaching. He didn’t blow it here. He deserves the opportunity he’s getting in San Jose. Very disappointed to hear he was booed tonight. He didn’t deserve that IMO.

• Like 2
  • Bullseye 3
  • VINNY! 1
  • Applause 1

6 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Didn’t see this talked about in here, and didn’t hear it mentioned on the MSG broadcast. But apparently, they threw something up on the board for Quinn during one of the stoppages in play. And from what I read on Twitter, it appears that the overwhelming majority booed.

To be honest, that’s just a stupid reaction from the fanbase. Quinn and this rebuild went hand in hand; these kids were learning how to get their feet wet in this league and so was he. They both helped one another grow. All in all, like any coach, there is a shelf life. There are decisions that will make you scratch your head. And in the end, yes I do agree it was time for the team to move on and hire a more win-now coach which they did with Gallant. But, this is no indictment of Quinn, who was a good representative of this organization during his time here. I’m happy he’s getting another shot at coaching. He didn’t blow it here. He deserves the opportunity he’s getting in San Jose. Very disappointed to hear he was booed tonight. He didn’t deserve that IMO.

QFT. 

He did fine for a first time coach, coaching through COVID and whatever goes with that. 

Article in LoHud the other day where Zib and Fox had good things to say. 

Yet some would have you believe he's not a coach because a blogger wants interviewed Ryan Spooner and Spooner shit on Quinn.

Yet Quinn is coaching in the NHL today, and Spooner spent time in the Swiss National League and this year in the KHL after not being able to keep his spot on... The Oilers...and the guy we got in the Spooner deal had a career revival under Quinn. So it seems like Spooner's problem wasn't Quinn as much as being a bad NHLer. 

9 hours ago, jsrangers said:

Anyone have any idea who he's got an issue with, the reporter who was comparing what happened tonight with giving up two goals in the third last game. Gallant kept going on quite a bit longer letting the guy know he didn't know what he was talking about but you could tell the guy was getting under his skin🤣

Whoever is asking the question is asking the right question but in the wrong format.

This team is lazy defensively because they think they have Shesty and enough offense to cover, and that's the reason they showed no urgency in the third period last night, and the reason they let the Ducks pop in two goals at the end of the game. 

Add in there's absolutely no defensive structure, and you get what you got last night. 

Edited by Pete
  • Like 1

No small irony last night looked a lot like too many games during Quinn's tenure; indifference to offense, east/west BS, lack of going to the net, inability to gain the zone, no defensive structure.

There is great talent here, but nobody is good enough to not put in an effort. NYR  looked like a team that underestimated their opponent. No doubt Quinn burned for this game. 

Trocheck is gonna see some video of his blind passes today. 

Expect they are gonna been skating a whole lot next few days.

What ever you think of Quinn's tenure here, the booing was classless. A lot like the "Igor's better" chant. Stop touching the  money, morons.  Have not won anything yet. 

• Phil unpinned this topic

Well, that was probably one of the most frustrating, infuriating games I think I've seen this franchise play since 1974!  I seriously have to find out where Fox got his LSD from last night.  Looked like he was on a hell of a trip....along with a few others!  Good Lord, we were pretty terrible.

Welcome back once again, folks!!

........And here are the Top 7 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Castor Oil...need I say more?

13 hours ago, Kevin said:

Simek must mean “no eyebrows” in Slovak 

13 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

We’re playing like we’re still coached by Quinn

12 hours ago, josh said:

yes, they scored, I can keep watching!

11 hours ago, CSNY1 said:

Beer league hockey being played by the Rangers this period 

11 hours ago, josh said:

My stream has been showing stanley cup clinching games... they are showing the Rangers in 94 right now.

11 hours ago, Flynn said:

I’m no expert.  But 14-1 in shots, with Jimmy Vasectomy having the 1  is sub-optimal.

11 hours ago, Karan said:

Probably suffering PTSD at the sight of Quinn in the building.

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Flynn who basically summed it up pretty well.

Just an absolute stinker last night!  It's funny to think that as bad as we played, we still got a point out of that mess!!!  ...made me wanna hurl my cookies!!

Fuck it...there's gonna be worse than this I'm sure this season!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

No small irony last night looked a lot like too many games during Quinn's tenure; indifference to offense, east/west BS, lack of going to the net, inability to gain the zone, no defensive structure.

There is great talent here, but nobody is good enough to not put in an effort. NYR  looked like a team that underestimated their opponent. No doubt Quinn burned for this game. 

Trocheck is gonna see some video of his blind passes today. 

Expect they are gonna been skating a whole lot next few days.

What ever you think of Quinn's tenure here, the booing was classless. A lot like the "Igor's better" chant. Stop touching the  money, morons.  Have not won anything yet. 

Pretty sure they said the team is off today, guess they earned it. I know this stuff is pre planned IF it's true but the timing sure is bad on this one. 

in an 82 game season not all of them are going to be picture perfect. Colorado lost to the Yotes twice last year. (I remember I cashed on the yotes lol)

We were the better team for 40 minutes last night, even though the PP looked a little bit out of sync. just a flat 3rd period. It happens. Some days you're gonna be a bit sloppy. 

We take 7 points out of every 5 games, we're gonna be in good shape

34 minutes ago, Pete said:

8 GVA to Sharks 6.

Zib had 1.

Probably should trade him. 

How many posts did we hit?  I counted 4!  LOL

Hey man, you see them pressure the point-men on our PP?  That looked like they (SJ) kinda found a flaw in our Power play setup.  We looked rushed and kinda disjointed getting into the zone on the PP last night.

...nothing that can't be fixed, but it makes you wonder if that is actually going to be a way we see teams attack us while their short-handed

4 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I would think every team in the league already knows they can't let the Rangers set up on the power play.

All the teams that pressure the puck penalty killing give us fits.

And I want whatever Fox was on last night.

Seriously, what in the blazing blue fucking hell was he doing last night??  LOL 

It was like someone unplugged his controller!!!  (stole that from Keith)

22 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

How many posts did we hit?  I counted 4!  LOL

Hey man, you see them pressure the point-men on our PP?  That looked like they (SJ) kinda found a flaw in our Power play setup.  We looked rushed and kinda disjointed getting into the zone on the PP last night.

...nothing that can't be fixed, but it makes you wonder if that is actually going to be a way we see teams attack us while their short-handed

Stay out of the box, or stop the PP, beat the Rangers. The first part is easier than the second, but when Igor isn't pulling saves out of his ass...The Rangers don't look like world beaters. This isn't new territory.

I'm sure Igor will right himself, he made some great saves, but something else needs to happen with team defense because expecting another historic year from Igor is highly unrealistic and should never have been the plan.