• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade Nils Lundkvist to DAL for 2023 1st (Top-10 Protected), Conditional 4th

Scott

• Phil changed the title to Rangers Trade Nils Lundkvist to DAL for 2023 1st (Top-10 Protected), Conditional 4th

wish we could of got Glendening and threw Reaves their way in the deal also lol at least we got a 1st even though the Stars will be better than people think just based on goalie alone as the west goalies are nearly all garbage, has beens or fringe starters and Oettinger is heading for elite status, should propel them to a playoff spot at the least. 

14 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Drury getting it done..how do we get a first rounder for this guy? He was picked late late first round and his stock has only fell since then. What's the ceiling? Neil Pionk replacement of Jacob Trouba? That's not even worth a first lol. This has to be a steal. 

He was considered one of our best prospects and one of the best defenseman prospects not in the nhl yet.  “Stock has fallen since” is not really accurate. 

• Bullseye 1

9 minutes ago, siddious said:

Honestly I think short of a prospect for prospect (who is also highly touted and fills a need for us) trade this is as good as you can get in this situation. 

Certainly a better trade chip (1st) than Dellandrea, as of now. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

Not bad. Could be sweet if Dallas turned to shit the next few season.

I still think Lundkvist will turn into a good player and that we'll regret losing him some time in the future, but there was no other option at this point. This is also a fair and good trade, so it's a bit easier to swallow.

• Like 2

Wow. Gotta hand it to Drury. He got more value than expected for the kid. Top ten protected or not. He gained an asset out of something that didn't seem worthy of much, considering the circumstances. 

I like the conditions of the 4th becoming a 3rd based on point total over 2 seasons. 

Edited by The Dude

I wouldn't say his stock has fallen, as a 28th pick has something like a 20 percent chance of becoming a top six forward or top four defenseman, and his chances are still better than that.  Nevertheless, considering that we were in a corner and couldn't accept anything but picks cap-wise, this is a good trade.

• Bullseye 3