• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Likely in Market for PTO Defenseman

Phil

14 minutes ago, Lord Al said:

With the Russian kids on the team they may want to have someone like Chara. and also he does provide toughness on the backend

He skates like a sloth. If they want a guy to be tough, they have Tinordi — who also sucks — under contract already.

Yeah. They need another piece of garbage to keep on the roster to make Kravtsov quit the league entirely this time.   

DeHaan would have been nice. Guy us good, but can't go every day. Maybe he does well in Carolinas camp, but gets cut and finds a home here on a league minimum deal. 

But I have zero problem rolling with Jones,  Robertson or (OF COURSE) Hajek as the 6th/7th guy. 

Staple believes that the options for the Rangers in this regard are relatively limited, and as a result he listed off 3 veteran defenseman that he believes would fit the mold. The most notable name included on the list was that of the aforementioned Chara, but Staple also listed veteran defensemen Thomas Hickey and Michael Stone as possible options as well.

People get paid to do this?

Edited by Cash or Czech

1 hour ago, Cash or Czech said:

People get paid to do this?

Yea im totally in the dark about how people make $$ doing this but I assume some ads or something give a flow of some cash if people click em. I need to start writing my opinions about things and hope people care enough to read em.

I mean, every time they've tried, they end up with trash like Nemeth, Kalinin, etc.

I'd rather they  kind of just not address it in offseasons. Keep drafting. They're good at that. Free agency + Rangers + defenseman is a market for unmitigated disaster. I can't even think of the last defender they signed as a UFA who didn't turn like spoiled milk. Stralman?