• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

BSBH Fantasy Hockey 2022–23

Phil

Welcome to the 2022-23 BlueshirtsBrotherhood Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Hockey league/season!

All managers who participated in last year's season have been issued an automatic renewal. No need to accept an invite. You're in. Below you'll find all the important information you'll need regarding the league this season:

League URL: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/bsbh_fantasyhockey

Important Dates:

• The LIVE Draft date is set for Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 8:45pm EST. Please arrive at least 10 minutes early. The draft will begin promptly at the assigned time.
  • Trade deadline is Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Other important dates can be found here: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/gamedates

What's New?

• TBD

League & Scoring Settings:

• Type: Head-to-head, daily
  • Skater Scoring: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Shots on Goal (SOG), and Blocked Shots (BLK)
  • Goalie Scoring: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)
  • Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
  • Max acquisitions per week: 2
  • No max acquisitions
  • No max trades on the season
  • Trades are reviewed by league and can be vetoed by majority vote
  • Players are on waivers for one day
  • Minimum goalie appearances per team, per week is three
  • Roster changes are daily, effective tomorrow

Dues and Prizes:

Dues for the season is $20. Please Venmo @PhillipKocher, or message me to arrange an alternative payment (though Venmo is preferred so I can keep it all in one place). Please don't make me chase you for your payment.

Grand Prize Payouts:

• First Place: $180 (75.00%)
  • Second Place: $40 (16.67%)
  • Third Place: $20 (8.33%)

Everyone else:

Willy Wonka Reaction GIF

Team List:

✅Grimson Reapers@Phil

✅Advanced Stastny@Nashley Tisdale

❔Two Buck Tkachuk@Cash or Czech

❔Kreibanejad Bromance Stans@LindG1000

✅Puck Bunnies@fletch

✅Troub Lies@Drew a Penalty

❔The Replacements@Shane Falco

✅Shesty's Besties@Long live the King

✅Russian Meddling@josh

✅Puck daddy@lefty9

✅Bro's Before Hossa@Puck Head

✅Bunch of Jerks@CardiacCanes06

✅ = Paid dues

❔ = Dues owed

Past winners:

2021-22: Bunch of Jerks — @CardiacCanes06

2020-21: Puck Bunnies — @fletch

2019-20: Puck daddy — @lefty9

2018-19: Puck Bunnies — @fletch

2017-18: Token Englishman — @pws85nyr

2016-17: Cincinnati Harambes — @CreaseCrusader91

2015-16: Advanced Stastny — @Nashley Tisdale

2014-15: Advanced Stastny — @Nashley Tisdale

2013-14: Better Call Staal — @CreaseCrusader91

2012-13: Swallow My Chizz — @Chizz

2011-12: EveryDayI'mByfuglien — @Pete

Thanks again to everyone for re-upping. We draft in October, so dues will need to be in probably by late September, just in case one of you flakes and we have to fill your position before the draft.

As of now, all the same settings have been imported from last year's league, as indicated under League & Scoring Settings. If there are requests to add or change any of our settings, let's discuss that now.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Sort of. You can pay him to look over your shoulder as you fail to log in while he berates you for being an idiot. It's kinda like being on Hell's Kitchen, but it's BSBH's Kitchen.

7 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I will as soon as Yahoo unlocks and lets me in 🙂 Does Pete provide tech support?

Plug the computer in, you dummy. 

Now turn the monitor on, you moron. 

Now when you put your password in, make sure you're not on caps lock, you pigeon. 

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1

38 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Do we want to lower the waiting period on waivers? A whole day of waiting for any sort of waiver addition basically leaves 3 days between moves. I think we should shorten it so that claims are added for the next day. Makes for easier injury management and you don't lose half of a competitive week making a claim.

Co-sign.

1 hour ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Do we want to lower the waiting period on waivers? A whole day of waiting for any sort of waiver addition basically leaves 3 days between moves. I think we should shorten it so that claims are added for the next day. Makes for easier injury management and you don't lose half of a competitive week making a claim.

I'm good with this. With seven yays (mine and @Nashley Tisdale's included) I'll change this.