• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign Jaro Halak to 1-Year/$1.55m Deal

Phil

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah. It is a good value for a team tight on cap space, but he's definitely on the older side.

Halak at 37 years old is not the same as a starting NHL goalie at 37 years old. He's only played around 550 games, not that much mileage on that body unlike most goalies his age. I think he should more than be able to handle 25-30 games.

1 minute ago, Karan said:

Halak at 37 years old is not the same as a starting NHL goalie at 37 years old. He's only played around 550 games, not that much mileage on that body unlike most goalies his age. I think he should more than be able to handle 25-30 games.

Not only that, but will be able to handle playing those games without needing 4 games in a row to get in a groove like Georgiev.

3 minutes ago, Karan said:

I would hope so. lol Again, still good value so can't complain.

10 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

This Rangers team is going to be extremely strong. Definitely trending in right direction.

And man oh man, if Patrick Kane ever slid into this line up mid-season…

I think quite a bit hinges of Lafreniere and Kakko really elevating their game. Hopefully Chytil can too for more than 20 games. Still great moves today so far anyway and Kane would be huge.

39 minutes ago, Nashley Tisdale said:

I hope he can play 30 games. Hasn't done that in 2 seasons.

That was my reservation, too, but of who was left, this is the best possible signing they could have made. My guess is he'll get close to that, but it's gonna be tight. This is probably his last year in the league.

32 minutes ago, Karan said:

OK, but he literally hasn't in three years, and he's consistently gotten worse year-over-year since his last 30-game season. .919, .905, .903. Those last two years were on a bad Canucks team, but you need more than this.