• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign Jaro Halak to 1-Year/$1.55m Deal

Phil

32 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I don't think Allaire will have much to do with Halak. The guy has his own style that has worked for years. I don't think you'll see much interaction between the 2. He's a vet and stuck in his ways. 

I expect more goalie signings though. Allaire definitely will have a couple of projects to work on. 

He's got his hands full with Lindblom and Garand, if they're having him work with them. But I agree, he's not fundamentally changing Halak. I actually think he can do more work to better Domingue, if anyone.

• Bullseye 1

Something that I just noticed is that there is No Movement Clause attached to this contract.

Not the biggest deal since it's only 1 year. However if I am not mistaken and he just completely poops the bed for 5-6 straight starts and the coaching staff loses all confidence in him, they would have to carry 3 goalies again at the NHL level to start a Domingue or Garand in his place.

2 hours ago, MuddyInTheMiddle said:

Something that I just noticed is that there is No Movement Clause attached to this contract.

Not the biggest deal since it's only 1 year. However if I am not mistaken and he just completely poops the bed for 5-6 straight starts and the coaching staff loses all confidence in him, they would have to carry 3 goalies again at the NHL level to start a Domingue or Garand in his place.

Correct, which is why Domingue makes basically league minimum. In the event he shits the bed and this comes to fruition, I would imagine the Rangers would approach him about a trade, which I'd imagine he'd accept, because he wants to play. The NMC is protection from being waived or dumped to Arizona (like Nemeth). It's not actually going to block a trade if they need one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2022 at 5:51 PM, Pete said:

Miles on your tires means nothing as a goalie. It's just a natural loss of range of motion and reflexes diminishing as you approach 40. This is almost universal. It doesn't affect guys like Tom Brady... But when you're trying to stop a 90 mile an hour shot and reflexes are everything, or you're trying to go into the butterfly and get back up, you just can't do it at 38 the way you did it at 28.

It doesn't really matter who the goalie coach is, the team defense is terrible. I don't have my laptop in front of me but I would venture to Guess that the Rangers gave up more shots than the Canucks and more quality chances.

He better buckle up. 

As a goalie turning 39 in two weeks.  I can agree with this.  Its not as easy as it used to be lol.

• Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Keirik said:

So, after watching this vid, I find it hilarious that technically, Jaroslav Halak is involved in how we ended up drafting Shesty. Cool stuff lol

This must be what my mailman was talking about.  The other day when he pulled up to the house he mentioned something about seeing either a twitter or IG post about how the pick we used on Shesterkin was somehow connected to the Islanders.