• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Avs Re-Sign Alexandar Georgiev to 3-Year/$10.2M Extension; $3.4m AAV

Phil

Wow. They really believe in this Schmoe. They inked him to that and all the Rangers got for him was a couple 3rd rounders? 

I can't believe the Avs gave him a fucking raise. I guess it's that Allaire luster. Like I've been saying, line up the next undrafted project for Benoit to mold into an asset.  

Very surprising.  If he's really worth that contract, we should have gotten more for him in a trade.  But I think the Avs are probably the only team that had him valued this high, because Drury was trying to trade him for over a year.

If Geo turns out to be no better than a No. 2, worth 20-25 starts, they are the last team that can afford to be paying a No. 2  $3.4m per year, so they are taking a big risk.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

💯

And, frankly, the one thing we do know about Geo is that when he feels the net is his, he performs.

Yup. The bigger the workload, the better he plays. He struggled with the idea of being a backup who only sees action every like five to seven games. "Going in cold."

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Yup. The bigger the workload, the better he plays. He struggled with the idea of being a backup who only sees action every like five to seven games. "Going in cold."

thats probably what Sakic thought when signing him to that contract

Allaire should work out a deal with the goalies he trains.  A percentage of their next contract.  The Rangers back-ups seem to do pretty well on their next contract post-Rangers.  Raanta - $12.75 mil

Talbot - $12.5 mil

Georgiev - $10.2 mil

Lundqvist - $1.5 mil