• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lafreniere - Position in '22-'23

1 hour ago, rmc51 said:

Rangersland is going to flip their shit when, after all the smoke, Strome re-signs for 5.5M x 6 years

I was messing with a lineup last night that had Strome coming back at 5m. 
i wonder if he would take a shorter deal to get to stay in ny. Like 2 years. 

3 minutes ago, josh said:

I was messing with a lineup last night that had Strome coming back at 5m. 
i wonder if he would take a shorter deal to get to stay in ny. Like 2 years. 

According to reports their disagreement is over term. He's moved around a lot, he's going to want to stay somewhere. I wonder if they just suck it up and give him $4M x 6-8 years. It's not like jewelry is going to be around 8 years from now. GM's have a short shelf life. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

According to reports their disagreement is over term. He's moved around a lot, he's going to want to stay somewhere. I wonder if they just suck it up and give him $4M x 6-8 years. It's not like jewelry is going to be around 8 years from now. GM's have a short shelf life. 

Even at 8 years he’d get more than 4 no? Are you Arthur Staple?

Lafreniere- Zibanejad- Kreider 

panarin - Strome (5m) - Kravtsov 

Goodrow - Chytil -Kakko

Hunt - Jankowski (800k) - Blais

Reaves

Lindgren  - Fox

Miller - Trouba

Nemeth - Schneider 

Shesty

Holtby (1m)

898k cap space 

enough room to move Nemeth for more space 

20 minutes ago, josh said:

I can’t see him taking that little. Gaborik was broken by the time he took a deal like that.

i think the 5x5 mark might be the lowest you can get him.

$4x6 is the same and $4x8 is more. Strome isn't Gaborik. 

3 hours ago, josh said:

Lafreniere- Zibanejad- Kreider 

panarin - Strome (5m) - Kravtsov 

Goodrow - Chytil -Kakko

Hunt - Jankowski (800k) - Blais

Reaves

Lindgren  - Fox

Miller - Trouba

Nemeth - Schneider 

Shesty

Holtby (1m)

898k cap space 

enough room to move Nemeth for more space 

That's the kind of lineup where you can squint a bit and see the Rangers having a repeat season as long as nobody important gets hurt.

Not sure why Strome would pass up the opportunity to finally take advantage of FA to take some of the deals mentioned here. I would think deals in the 5M range have probably been offered to him already to stay. Stranger things have happened for sure but I would be surprised. It also imo doesn't solve the getting stronger down the middle goal I thought we had. Sometimes rolling it back isn't going to fix it and committing to a 5-6+ year deal seems like a stretch. Also the thought of him taking under 5 AAV is hard to believe. 

If Drury is truly considering waiving Nemeth I think he's determined to spend more on upgrading the 2C.

Just my 2 cents, I'm bored. 

3 hours ago, jsrangers said:

Not sure why Strome would pass up the opportunity to finally take advantage of FA to take some of the deals mentioned here. I would think deals in the 5M range have probably been offered to him already to stay. Stranger things have happened for sure but I would be surprised. It also imo doesn't solve the getting stronger down the middle goal I thought we had. Sometimes rolling it back isn't going to fix it and committing to a 5-6+ year deal seems like a stretch. Also the thought of him taking under 5 AAV is hard to believe. 

If Drury is truly considering waiving Nemeth I think he's determined to spend more on upgrading the 2C.

Just my 2 cents, I'm bored. 

People are starting to realize you're not getting a better C than Strome for what you're willing to pay Strome... And trading for the guys mentioned is gonna hurt. 

• Bullseye 1

7 hours ago, Pete said:

People are starting to realize you're not getting a better C than Strome for what you're willing to pay Strome... And trading for the guys mentioned is gonna hurt. 

Thanks Pete, fair point. I'm just not sure Drury isn't going to hold back on dealing something that  hurts, or digs a bigger hole down the road cap wise or that Strome will take a big home town discount. One example would possibly be waiving nemeth and using that money towards upgrading the 5m slot. Resulting in another year of spare parts on the 4th line. Not saying I'm for any of it. Just have a feeling if there was a deal to be had with Strome they probably would of worked it out. I've been neutral on him the whole time so not hating on the guy in any way. From his perspective too though when you get this close to FA you probably want to at least see what's put there. 

17 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

Thanks Pete, fair point. I'm just not sure Drury isn't going to hold back on dealing something that  hurts, or digs a bigger hole down the road cap wise or that Strome will take a big home town discount. One example would possibly be waiving nemeth and using that money towards upgrading the 5m slot. Resulting in another year of spare parts on the 4th line. Not saying I'm for any of it. Just have a feeling if there was a deal to be had with Strome they probably would of worked it out. I've been neutral on him the whole time so not hating on the guy in any way. From his perspective too though when you get this close to FA you probably want to at least see what's put there. 

I hear you. Post reported that if the Rangers don't get their guy, and Strome doesn't get a deal on day 1 of free agency, then they'll talk on day 2. Same thing happened with Erik Christensen...He decided to test UFA for a few hours, realized he'd never have it better than in NYC, and re-signed.

22 hours ago, Pete said:

It all depends. If it’s a piercing, it’ll probably remain for 8 years but if we are talking necklace or ring then I agree.