• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Stanley Cup Final: Avalanche vs. Lightning

Phil

Who wins the Cup?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

13 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Buro...and it's over...Tampa will still win this!

My gut instinct coming into this series was that it'll be super close and go the distance...but fuck it, I'm going with Colorado in 5. 
I still expect there'll be a lot of close one-goal games but Avs with the edge to get that extra goal when needed. 

Edited by Karan
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Karan said:

My gut instinct coming into this series was that it'll be super close and go the distance...but fuck it, I'm going with Colorado in 5. 
I still expect there'll be a lot of close one-goal games but Avs with the edge to get that extra goal when needed. 

I'm with ya, Karan!  It was a tough watch for me though last night.  I miss the Rangers already, and it's only been a couple of days!!  LOL

I actually don't even care who wins, but I expect Tampa's defense to take over soon.  I think they got shafted with some of those penalty calls...especially the one to make it a 5 on 3.  I thought that was a really soft call for a Stanley Cup Finals game.

I went into this series without any allegiances so usually in these situations I end up rooting for whoever is behind later in the series.  I really have no preference for Colorado whatsoever.  However, my pros/cons for Tampa winning...

Pro - their 3peat impedes on the Isles 4peat as the last real dynasty.  All I keep seeing is Isles fans rooting for Colorado for this reason specifically.  The enemy of my enemy is my friend.  Go Bolts.

Pro - They beat us, its always good to say we were only beaten by the champs.  Go Bolts

Con - They beat us, fuck them.  Go Avs

Con - Getting a little sick of the Maroon factor.  Go Avs

Con - The end of the Perry Jinx.  Go Avs

In conclusion, subconsciously I guess I really do want Colorado to win.  Regardless of the cons outweighing the pros, without hesitation I was elated when Colorado scored in overtime last night.  So there it is.  Not going to lie though, that Islanders factor still eats away at me a bit though.

• TroCheckmark 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

5 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Probs only 2-0 with Igor in net 

The Rangers would've been completely fatigued and exhausted if they got by TBL in Game 7 and were facing the rested Avs. Shesty would probably keep it reasonably close but I fail to see how the Avs wouldn't sweep the Rangers or win in 5 at the very most. Still, would've been a fucking cool experience to even be in the SCF. 

15 minutes ago, Karan said:

Just an average goalie when his defense takes the night off and/or gets routinely exposed with high danger chances. 

Especially if they keep going blocker side. Something we got away from.