• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Playoffs Superstitions Are You Bringing?

Keirik

Think back to what commonalities you did for every win in this series? Had hamburgers? Grill them ffs.had the wife for a fling? Let spread son. What did you drink during the day? Eat? Wear? Bring it all and no discrepancies at all. We all play our part. 

so what say you? 

3 hours ago, Keirik said:

Think back to what commonalities you did for every win in this series? Had hamburgers? Grill them ffs.had the wife for a fling? Let spread son. What did you drink during the day? Eat? Wear? Bring it all and no discrepancies at all. We all play our part. 

so what say you? 

how did you know i had hamburgers?

• Phil changed the title to What Playoffs Superstitions Are You Bringing?

I'm not very superstitious at all, but I'll ride a hot hand. Wore an old Drury shirsey for Game 5 against the Pens. They won. So I wore it again for games six and seven. Then I wore it for Game 1 against the Canes, and they lost, so I stopped, but then I wore it again since for both wins and losses.

It's just not for me, but I'm all for the positive vibes, so if there's stuff you guys are doing you think works, keep doing it!

Just now, LindG1000 said:

Playoff beard. Haven't shaved since the playoffs began, but did clean up the sides when we were down 3-1 against Pitt. 

I actually haven’t shaved either. Hoping we have another month to grow 

• Believe 1

Got the playoff beard going.

Rangers down vs. Pitt 3-1, I threw on a Beukeboom T-shirt, Rangers won Games 5,6,7.  Wore the shirt for Game 1 vs. Carolina, but lost, but should have won, wore the shirt for Game 2, lost.....Put on a Leetch T-shirt for Games 3, 4, 6, 7 = W, W, W, W. 

Going to the game tomorrow and I will be wearing that smelly Leetch shirt.    

• Believe 1

39 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Hell yeah. My wife would disagree, but she willingly puts up with far worse given my love of this team.

You probably have more of a beard 2 days in than most of us at 2 months. I still look like a 22 year old Crosby trying to grow facial hair.

it’s been so long, I didn’t even think about growing, just shaved it off. I shaved yesterday morning not realizing. So I’ll have to remember to shave tomorrow 

So what I’ve noticed Is that in the end of the Penguin series and games 3 and 4 of this series I’ve done the following. 
Watch pregame. As soon as the game is about to start I have to go outside and not watch for around the first 10 minutes.

I get texts from several friends that kinda keep me informed but I don’t check the score. When I feel it’s about 10 minutes played I walk inside and every time it’s been 2-0 Rangers. Every time. I then post the same message to the board and take a quick shower at the start of the 2nd. So far so good so I’m not changing a thing lol 

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1

I try not to get too superstitious.  I just have a playoff beard growing.  I got a haircut Saturday morning, I told my barber not to touch the beard.  Do not trim it, do not shape it, leave it alone.  I wasn't even sure if I should be getting a haircut but I needed it bad.  Beard still going.  Getting awwwwwwfully gray in the chin though.

I mostly just ignore all of you during the game and then post my thoughts after, which more often than not are correct and not influenced by the trash in the gdt.

So I'll stick with that, to everybody's benefit. 

29 minutes ago, Pete said:

I mostly just ignore all of you during the game and then post my thoughts after, which more often than not are correct and not influenced by the trash in the gdt.

So I'll stick with that, to everybody's benefit. 

keegan-michael key thumbs GIF by The Paley Center for Media

• LMFAO 1