• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Playoffs Superstitions Are You Bringing?

Keirik

17 hours ago, Winter said:

i grilled 12 burgers prior to game 7 vs CAR, ate one as a left over before game 1 and now im forced to save the rest to eat 1 prior to each game no matter how moldy the swiss cheese gets on em. 

Why do you have all of those left over burgers?? People don’t eat your food, or just a weirdo that cooks 12 patties for their sad self?

23 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I was actually going to ask if you guys wanted to get together but never mind

@Pete Ok, reading that again, and based off of your thumbs up reaction, I can see that comment maybe being taken as me saying never mind because @Ozzy was going to invite you.  That is not how I intended it.  I meant that I was going to ask @Ozzy @RJWantsTheCup and @Keirik if they wanted to get together for a game and said never mind since RJ commented not watching with the group.

19 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

@Pete Ok, reading that again, and based off of your thumbs up reaction, I can see that comment maybe being taken as me saying never mind because @Ozzy was going to invite you.  That is not how I intended it.  I meant that I was going to ask @Ozzy @RJWantsTheCup and @Keirik if they wanted to get together for a game and said never mind since RJ commented not watching with the group.

I'm good, I thought it was a sick burn 😂 

• LOL 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Real question- the kids have started to ask to stay up and watch games (usually down around 845/9 which is end of 1 when it used to be end of 2nd during reg). They haven’t (and wouldn’t make it anyway), but I’m not sure I should allow them the option. I can’t mess with the mojo. Do I parent/hockey parent and risk the superstition?

edit: I’d be fighting the wife to allow them to stay up. I’d still get laid, regardless. 

Edited by josh

10 minutes ago, josh said:

Real question- the kids have started to ask to stay up and watch games (usually down around 845/9 which is end of 1 when it used to be end of 2nd during reg). They haven’t (and wouldn’t make it anyway), but I’m not sure I should allow them the option. I can’t mess with the mojo. Do I parent/hockey parent and risk the superstition?

edit: I’d be fighting the wife to allow them to stay up. I’d still get laid, regardless. 

If you fuck this up for the rest of us I’ll never forgive you. Don’t play with fire my friend. 
🙂

Edited by Keirik
  • Keeps it 100 1

35 minutes ago, josh said:

My kids rarely wanted to watch with me during the season.  Granted, I rarely watched because MSGGO sucks.  But I have been watching every game whenever I am home at night since streaming is much easier with ESPN and TNT.  The kids have been wanting to stay up and watch with me.  Nothing has backfired yet.  Get the quality time with the kids.

I don’t know how many people on this board are from the old board, but Tom (scarsthatsmile) showered between every period of of every game in 1994. To this day, it’s the greatest superstition I’ve ever known.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Niko said:

I don’t know how many people on this board are from the old board, but Tom (scarsthatsmile) showered between every period of of every game in 1994. To this day, it’s the greatest superstition I’ve ever known.

Lol

Rest In Peace you crazy bastard! Hopefully he’s bringing a little divine intervention our way. He’d love this team

I have a superstitious ritual that i've been following since game 5 of pitts series. I purposely didn't do it on games 1,2 of Carolina. I didn't want to waste good mojo on games I don't think are essential But I did do it games 3,4,5,6,7. So the "ritual" is 7-1. 

I also have not done it yet for the ECF. I was going to wait for game 5 and on which I think is the critical turning point game. 

But does everyone think I should try for game 4 as well? My wife usually thinks i'm crazy for doing stuff like this and makes fun of me, but game 3 ECF she noticed i wasn't wearing my stuff and was like "aren't you going to get ready?" and i explained my position on waiting for the right time (which is usually when they are down in the series). I think she reversed her opinion on my craziness, which I think is hilarious. She thinks i should for game 4, but i'm not sure. 

• VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

4 hours ago, zman said:

I have a superstitious ritual that i've been following since game 5 of pitts series. I purposely didn't do it on games 1,2 of Carolina. I didn't want to waste good mojo on games I don't think are essential But I did do it games 3,4,5,6,7. So the "ritual" is 7-1. 

I also have not done it yet for the ECF. I was going to wait for game 5 and on which I think is the critical turning point game. 

But does everyone think I should try for game 4 as well? My wife usually thinks i'm crazy for doing stuff like this and makes fun of me, but game 3 ECF she noticed i wasn't wearing my stuff and was like "aren't you going to get ready?" and i explained my position on waiting for the right time (which is usually when they are down in the series). I think she reversed her opinion on my craziness, which I think is hilarious. She thinks i should for game 4, but i'm not sure. 

do it mood GIF

• Keeps it 100 1

On 6/6/2022 at 11:20 AM, zman said:

You better fucking do it tonight.  Whatever it is.  I wanna come back to MSG up 3-1 not tied 2-2.

Do It GIF by Breaking Bad