• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Lightning Round Three — General Series Thread

Phil

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

The Lightning are a more flawed team than people are giving them credit for - especially with injuries to Point and Hagel. Vasilevsky looked human, even downright bad at times, in the Leafs series. 

And yet again, I think Gallant can play the underdog angle with these guys, which I think gives them an edge. 

I like the Rangers here a lot.

• VINNY! 2
  • Believe 3

19 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Game 1 will be a massive challenge. I hate Game 1's after the first round. I have no idea how they'll get up for this on Wednesday. Crowd needs to be absolutely bonkers.

Listen Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV+

The roof is going to come down in the Garden. It'll be absolutely bouncing. The players will have no problems whatsoever getting up for this, and Tampa have had their feet up for too long.

Rangers in 4. 

• Believe 4

Can’t believe they’ve made it this far, and not because I’ve been hating on the guy, but they did so with Panarin being dog shit.  If he’s even half the point production point player he was in the regular season, they have a shot.  It’s going to be very tough but at this point, I just put my arms up and say you never know what can happen.

• Like 1

Idc if we sweep em or they give us another nail biter Game 7!!! 4 wins away from the freaking Stanley Cup Finals...... This ride has been a whirlwind. This team is pushing all the right buttons and I love all of it.

Watching them burn down the barn in Raleigh during the first period was the best! They took gale force winds and turned them into a sea breeze. 

No quit in New York. Do this for Libor Hajek, Brett Howden and Vlad Namestnikov!!!

Two time reigning champions who have have nine days resting up and getting healthy after bouncing the Presidents trophy winners in four straight.  What could possibly go wrong after all?

Except there is something about this Rangers team this year... Something that nobody has really been able to put their finger on exactly.  Frankly the difference is that I think everyone will underestimate how much better this team has become since the playoffs started.

I cannot believe I’m even reading this thread. I can’t believe it’s a thing.

But at the same time, I can. Something special is happening.

The script is there. The reigning two-time defending Stanley Cup champs await. Now it’s on us to go out and make this incredible miracle story a reality.

We got a shot. And that is just insane.

• Believe 4

7 minutes ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

Two time reigning champions who have have nine days resting up and getting healthy after bouncing the Presidents trophy winners in four straight.  What could possibly go wrong after all?

Except there is something about this Rangers team this year... Something that nobody has really been able to put their finger on exactly.  Frankly the difference is that I think everyone will underestimate how much better this team has become since the playoffs started.

Actually the playoffs were looking pretty bleak after G4 against Pittsburgh. Even moreso in G5 in the 2nd period down 2-0. They weren't playing good hockey at all until their backs were all the way up against the wall. They turned it on in a serious way ever since then. They played Carolina hard every game except G5. Truth be told it should have been Rangers in 6.

3 minutes ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

An extra day or two to savor this would have been nice.  Tomorrow night seems VERY close.  Ah well

Hopefully some of the adrenaline and sharpness of playing is left over, while the Lightning are a little rusty after 10 days away from playoff hockey. 

Congratulations on your victory over the Hurricanes. Well deserved. You have a hot goalie now and it shows. 

I also attended a game at MSG about 10 years ago, very cool experience and love the potvin sucks tradition. 

Don't underestimate Tampa, we have the worlds best goalie, sounds pompous but his record speaks for itself, for instance in game 7's he has had 200 shots on goal and allowed one goal. 

The team has had several days off now after the surprise sweep of the Panthers. Toronto gave the Lightning all it wanted and more, either team could have won that series. 

I think the Lightnings strong points are:

Play a team game, shut down shooting lanes, force the forwards to shoot from outside and points... and the team blocks a ton of shots. 

Timely scoring, especially from the 3rd and 4th lines

Good coaching

Great goaltending 

Very good powerplay with good puck movement and if Stamkos is open on the cross ice one timer its trouble for the keeper

Solid Defense who will jump in the play

This is a veteran team, like all teams we are a bit beat up, case in point (no pun intended) we are missing Braden Point who is a significant loss and likely not to play in this series. 

Watch Kucherov, as when he is on, is a great playmaker. 

Good luck, lets all hope for a good series. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, gphockey said:

Congratulations on your victory over the Hurricanes. Well deserved. You have a hot goalie now and it shows. 

I also attended a game at MSG about 10 years ago, very cool experience and love the potvin sucks tradition. 

Don't underestimate Tampa, we have the worlds best goalie, sounds pompous but his record speaks for itself, for instance in game 7's he has had 200 shots on goal and allowed one goal. 

The team has had several days off now after the surprise sweep of the Panthers. Toronto gave the Lightning all it wanted and more, either team could have won that series. 

I think the Lightnings strong points are:

Play a team game, shut down shooting lanes, force the forwards to shoot from outside and points... and the team blocks a ton of shots. 

Timely scoring, especially from the 3rd and 4th lines

Good coaching

Great goaltending 

Very good powerplay with good puck movement and if Stamkos is open on the cross ice one timer its trouble for the keeper

Solid Defense who will jump in the play

This is a veteran team, like all teams we are a bit beat up, case in point (no pun intended) we are missing Braden Point who is a significant loss and likely not to play in this series. 

Watch Kucherov, as when he is on, is a great playmaker. 

Good luck, lets all hope for a good series. 

LOL... vaguely condescending post right there (grin) but that's OK. Your team is the reigning two-time champions and so a little confidence is warranted.

All of that lasts until you get hit in the mouth and realize that this will not be such a cake walk.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1