• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

First Round Coverage of Playoffs Is Most-Watched on Cable of All-Time; Rangers Set New Playoff Viewership Record

Phil

• Penguins-Rangers & Lightning-Maple Leafs Game 7s Break Records as Most-Watched First Round Playoff Games on Cable of All Time
  • First Round Viewership of Stanley Cup Playoff Coverage across TNT and TBS Up 60% vs. 2021
  • Stanley Cup Playoffs Action Continues on TNT Tonight with a Doubleheader of Round 2, Game 1 Matchups – Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Florida Panthers at 7 p.m. ET, and St. Louis Blues vs. Colorado Avalanche at 9:30 p.m.

Sunday’s New York Rangers thrilling overtime victory over the Pittsburgh in their decisive Game 7 matchup delivered 2.3 million average viewers and is the most-watched non-Stanley Cup Finals game on cable since 2018.

https://wbd.com/turner-sports-first-round-coverage-of-2022-stanley-cup-playoffs-is-most-watched-on-cable-of-all-time/

• Like 1

Seriously though, anecdotally, I've noticed a lot more people are casually watching all of the Rangers games or talking about the Rangers. A bunch of my friends who were never into hockey are now all of a sudden following the Rangers and watching these games. I wonder what happened - I wonder if it's some impact of the Barstool Sports/Spittin Chiclets stuff going pretty mainstream. 

• Keeps it 100 1

We're relevant again, Morph!   50 goal scorer, Norris Trophy defenseman, Vezina goalie, 2 consecutive Lottery picks playing much better....Reaves introductions.  We're headed in the right direction!!!

Everyone wants to be part of a winner....the rest of us have just simply "been here all along"!! 

• Keeps it 100 1

13 minutes ago, Morphinity said:

Seriously though, anecdotally, I've noticed a lot more people are casually watching all of the Rangers games or talking about the Rangers. A bunch of my friends who were never into hockey are now all of a sudden following the Rangers and watching these games. I wonder what happened - I wonder if it's some impact of the Barstool Sports/Spittin Chiclets stuff going pretty mainstream. 

Same. Old high school friends coming out of the wood work. I'm glad. I don't care why they weren't watching before. I'm glad they're watching now.

40 minutes ago, Morphinity said:

SPORTS BETTING.

Gamblers will bet on anything. I dont take part but my friends that do are suddenly interested in my sport. Haha

• VINNY! 2

6 hours ago, Morphinity said:

Speaking of the Chiclets, this week Biz spent about 15 min calling the Rangers a fraud that should never should have beaten the Pens. Say CAR will, "bend us over, no lube, sandpaper ..." well, you get the idea. Would love to see him choke on that one. C'mon boys! LGR!

8 minutes ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

Speaking of the Chiclets, this week Biz spent about 15 min calling the Rangers a fraud that should never should have beaten the Pens. Say CAR will, "bend us over, no lube, sandpaper ..." well, you get the idea. Would love to see him choke on that one. C'mon boys! LGR!

Him and whit are such pens homers it’s almost laughable. Their show is entertaining but their hockey takes are almost always awful. It’s to the point where if they say a, b, and c it’s almost assuredly x, y, and z. 

2 hours ago, siddious said:

Him and whit are such pens homers it’s almost laughable. Their show is entertaining but their hockey takes are almost always awful. It’s to the point where if they say a, b, and c it’s almost assuredly x, y, and z. 

He spent the first half hour being spoonfed crow about his do or die stand for the Leafs, and the last talking about TBL as a wrung out sponge that will just peter out. That started well. 

15 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

SPORTS BETTING.

Gamblers will bet on anything. I dont take part but my friends that do are suddenly interested in my sport. Haha

Yeah, Sports Betting + Social Media in general are interest boosters. The recent change clearly goes to betting ability.

17 hours ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

It's all a bit he does to drive engagement and it works. He generally had good things to say about the Rangers during this season but is playing it up now to rile up the fanbase

I stopped listening to Spittin Chiclets when the pandemic started, episodes are way too long, and too much douchery and golf talk.  Rather get the golf takes from the Paige Spiranac's IG page

Still read Biz, Whits, and the Spittin Chiclets tweets