• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECSF #1: (2M) Rangers at (1M) Carolina Hurricanes — Ay Tone

To me, this is by far the most difficult team we played all season. This is going to be a very good test for us. We definitely have the talent and firepower to give them all they can handle. Need to grab one down there. They look vulnerable on the road. At home, they look totally different. Beat them once there and put some doubt in their mind. Lets. Go!!!!!!!

• Keeps it 100 1

16 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

To me, this is by far the most difficult team we played all season. This is going to be a very good test for us. We definitely have the talent and firepower to give them all they can handle. Need to grab one down there. They look vulnerable on the road. At home, they look totally different. Beat them once there and put some doubt in their mind. Lets. Go!!!!!!!

Personally I thought both Colorado and the Flames dismantled us more than once each but in terms of the teams we might face in the east, I agree that Carolina made us look bad more than say Florida or Tampa Bay.  We desperately need to figure out how to beat their pressure more reliably.

My only hope is that we learned some things from our two late season games and that we have had a chance to go to school on the Bruins / Canes series.  The problem is that Penguins sustained pressure was what caused us the most problems in the last series.  Exactly the kind of pressure that Carolina use except they are way better than the Pens at it.

3 hours ago, siddious said:

Stop it.

llama GIF by ethan clarke

please just play a solid 60.

Trouba better play better.

if I see Nemeths face once I’ll freak.

hope Panarin is awake now. 

Let’s Go Rangers!! 

I'd like to see Trouba back to his midseason form, steamrolling anyone in sight....

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

Personally I thought both Colorado and the Flames dismantled us more than once each but in terms of the teams we might face in the east, I agree that Carolina made us look bad more than say Florida or Tampa Bay.  We desperately need to figure out how to beat their pressure more reliably.

My only hope is that we learned some things from our two late season games and that we have had a chance to go to school on the Bruins / Canes series.  The problem is that Penguins sustained pressure was what caused us the most problems in the last series.  Exactly the kind of pressure that Carolina use except they are way better than the Pens at it.

Look, I think the Canes will win but we're talking about the regular season here.

We dismantled the Canes during the regular season in 2020 and got smashed in the play-in.

We dominated the Pens and they took us to 7.

Playoffs are a different animal.

4 hours ago, Dunny said:

On the topic of child grooming lol

I remember 94 with my dad as I'm sure a lot of you have similar memories. For me, it didn't get any better.

A friend from work, and I, have been heavily grooming my 6 yo to become a hockey player. My wife is terrified, as she hates the rep hockey kids at her school, but this kid is going to be a player, whether she likes it or not.

It's worked, a little too good in some respects, but with this Ranger mini run, has turned him in to a Ranger fan for life. He can't stay awake for full games, but I let him stay up and pass out in the living room for every game. Before he passes out he makes me promise I'll tell mom the score so she can tell him in the morning. When I get home, he wants to watch the condensed games on the NHL network. 

So, for me, and probably thousands of other fathers out there, this team has given me a gift I could never have bought myself. Getting its hooks in to my 6 yo boy. Setting him on the path, and allowing me to relive those memories I had of watching the 94 Rangers, on a grainy TV, on the carpet, while my dad went bananas over every goal, and every call.

Couldn't be more thankful, and whatever happens, happens. It's already a W in my book.

Good luck fellas!

This 'confession' has been duly reported to Child Protective Services. Expect a knock on your door!

• LOL 1

I was in my car driving for nearly 24 hours out of the past 48...and listened to about 18 hours worth of NHL on SIRIUS. (I know, WTF?) Canes favorites of course and I'm good with that but some of the stats are intriguing. Third period goal differential; Canes #1 with about +100 and Rangers #3 with 67 (don't quote me) - so both teams are very good third period units. While Canes are known to wear teams down going into the last third, NYR have shown time and again the "No quit in NY!" ability to win late. It would be nice for a change to get a lead and keep it.

IF, and that's a big IF our 'big boys' stay hot and get even hotter, then anything can happen. Igor has either gained confidence or the workload has tired him in spite of the last two games being very strong performances...he just hasn't been on this stage or played for this duration.

Quote above rings true for me - maybe we're young enough and naïve enough to just go for the ride and enjoy the moment and shine. Playing loose and fast has a really exciting upside.

Damn, I have to pinch myself - it's Round 2!! LGR!

Edited by 4EverRangerFrank
  • Believe 1

5 hours ago, Dunny said:

On the topic of child grooming lol

I remember 94 with my dad as I'm sure a lot of you have similar memories. For me, it didn't get any better.

A friend from work, and I, have been heavily grooming my 6 yo to become a hockey player. My wife is terrified, as she hates the rep hockey kids at her school, but this kid is going to be a player, whether she likes it or not.

It's worked, a little too good in some respects, but with this Ranger mini run, has turned him in to a Ranger fan for life. He can't stay awake for full games, but I let him stay up and pass out in the living room for every game. Before he passes out he makes me promise I'll tell mom the score so she can tell him in the morning. When I get home, he wants to watch the condensed games on the NHL network. 

So, for me, and probably thousands of other fathers out there, this team has given me a gift I could never have bought myself. Getting its hooks in to my 6 yo boy. Setting him on the path, and allowing me to relive those memories I had of watching the 94 Rangers, on a grainy TV, on the carpet, while my dad went bananas over every goal, and every call.

Couldn't be more thankful, and whatever happens, happens. It's already a W in my book.

Good luck fellas!

Ive been taking my daughter to games since she was an infant....Now she's 10 and I would say the last 2 games I took her to (vs. the Kraken and the last home game vs. the Caps) she has gotten a little more into the games.  At first she was all about the cotton candy and popcorn, but now she actually asks me questions about the game.  She rattles off all the players names, chants Lets Go Rangers when the crowd chants it.  We have a strict bed time for her and we have been sticking to it during the Pens series, but instead of going upstairs and getting ready for bed at 7:00, she wants to sit and watch the first period with me then get ready for bed.  The morning after Game 6 and 7, first question asked "Who won the game"?....then...." its if the Rangers make the Stanley Cup Final, take me"..............As of now that will be a hard no b/c she won't appreciate the magnitude of a Stanley Cup Final game + I don't want to have to take her to the bathroom constantly.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Ive been taking my daughter to games since she was an infant....Now she's 10 and I would say the last 2 games I took her to (vs. the Kraken and the last home game vs. the Caps) she has gotten a little more into the games.  At first she was all about the cotton candy and popcorn, but now she actually asks me questions about the game.  She rattles off all the players names, chants Lets Go Rangers when the crowd chants it.  We have a strict bed time for her and we have been sticking to it during the Pens series, but instead of going upstairs and getting ready for bed at 7:00, she wants to sit and watch the first period with me then get ready for bed.  The morning after Game 6 and 7, first question asked "Who won the game"?....then...." its if the Rangers make the Stanley Cup Final, take me"..............As of now that will be a hard no b/c she won't appreciate the magnitude of a Stanley Cup Final game + I don't want to have to take her to the bathroom constantly.  

I know those seats 🙂

4 hours ago, rmc51 said:

I suspect the ice will be incredibly tilted in the first period. Probably 2-0 Canes after 1. Not unfamiliar territory, and the question would be if the comeback kids can…keep…coming…back.

I don't know about that, once the 'canes are up by couple of scores, it would be hard to stop them on their home ice.

Don't take wrong, a comeback win would be huge for the Rangers no question about that.

I won't be able to watch the game until start/middle of the third period. Argh!

Literally no pressure on the team this series so I really think it’s the hardest to call. That said we do not need to win tonight we just need to compete tonight and plant doubt in Carolina that this is going to be easy. 

very possible to lose first two here and not panic, but it would be great to steal one of the first two here