• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22: Hart Trophy Finalists — Igor Shesterkin Named

Phil

Who wins?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Auston Matthews
    • Connor McDavid
    • Igor Shesterkin

Yeah that's a fantastic achievement for Igor just to be a finalist amongst all the mega seasons a bunch of guys were having. 

Matthews will obviously win this for his sexy 60G stat but feel like even if he had a subpar year (e.g. 30G), the Leafs would've still ended up more or less where they did. Whereas if Shesty or McDavid had subpar years, both the Oilers and Rangers would've very likely have been non-playoff teams. As such, for the definition of the Hart Trophy, I rate those 2 higher than Matthews.

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

12 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

This guarantees the Vezina, same as did for Hank in 2012. How would any other goalie get the Vezina over him if none got the nod for the Hart like he did?

All in all, awesome accomplishment.

It is the NHL we are talking about where nothing makes sense. But yea you SHOULD be right. 

2 hours ago, Karan said:

Yeah that's a fantastic achievement for Igor just to be a finalist amongst all the mega seasons a bunch of guys were having. 

Matthews will obviously win this for his sexy 60G stat but feel like even if he had a subpar year (e.g. 30G), the Leafs would've still ended up more or less where they did. Whereas if Shesty or McDavid had subpar years, both the Oilers and Rangers would've very likely have been non-playoff teams. As such, for the definition of the Hart Trophy, I rate those 2 higher than Matthews.

Agreed, but I doubt that kind of thinking is taken into consideration. They look at what they did, not what they didn't, or what might hypothetically have happened had what they did not happened.

4 hours ago, Karan said:

Completely agree. If we're talking about the real nature of the Award, Player Most Valuable to His Team... Easily:

1. Igor Bestjerkin

2. McYeez

3. Brostache 

Edited by Pete
  • Thanks 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 4:59 PM, Pete said:

Completely agree. If we're talking about the real nature of the Award, Player Most Valuable to His Team... Easily:

1. Igor Bestjerkin

2. McYeez

3. Brostache 

I'd argue that Leo is a bigger difference maker than Torontos

• 3 weeks later...
  • Drew a Penalty changed the title to 2021-22: Hart Trophy Finalists — Igor Shesterkin Named
  • Phil locked this topic