• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECQF: (2A) Toronto Maple Leafs vs. (3A) Tampa Bay Lightning

Who wins?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Leafs in 4
    • Leafs in 5
    • Leafs in 6
    • Leafs in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

Leafs with a chance to close out the defending champions put all of 3 shots on goal in the 3rd.

Mitch Marner does not look like a playoff player; looks to pass every time, soft as baby shit,  won't go near the net, always on the perimeter. 

The looks on the faces of th Toronto fans watching the debacle on the big screen up there; dang. 

If Leafs can’t find a way to get it done, I wonder what they’ll do. It’d be a continuation of the same story every year where they can’t keep the puck out of their own net. You would think at some point they’d have to trade somebody to solidify their defense more.

20 hours ago, Bugg said:

Leafs with a chance to close out the defending champions put all of 3 shots on goal in the 3rd.

Mitch Marner does not look like a playoff player; looks to pass every time, soft as baby shit,  won't go near the net, always on the perimeter. 

The looks on the faces of th Toronto fans watching the debacle on the big screen up there; dang. 

That's the gripe people have at Marner: he doesn't seem to show up in the postseason (like 2021 vs Montreal). 

As I'm no Leaf fan, I played 18 with a Sens fan late afternoon. Had place to ourselves, then driving back in to town there was nothing but tumbleweeds on a beautiful Saturday evening. Everyone has to watch this pending disaster.

10 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

I never understand pushing a guy into your own goalie. What's the logic?

Same. Just don't get it. I guess it's the split second thing, but to me, it always seemed like one of those things where your situational awareness has to be aware of the danger, yet you do it anyway?