• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Penguins Round One — General Series Thread

Phil

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/03/2022 at 04:00 PM

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Yea it's seriously suspect. But I don't believe they'd call it a concussion if it wasn't. Now the spotters will be hawking him. 

They're calling it "whiplash". Basic idea; an NFL doctor in touch with an unnamed doctor associated with an NHL team say neither would nor should  sign off on this if media reports of a concussion are in fact the case. 

https://www.outkick.com/dr-david-chao-even-with-game-7-dont-see-how-penguins-can-risk-playing-sidney-crosby/

"If they allow Crosby to play, that means he never had a concussion or they would have to come forward with another plausible explanation. It is my belief that the quality doctors are not playing games here but in a key game 7, the team is trying for misdirection, and who can blame them."

Fine; for all the concern about head injuries, the NHL will allow a franchise and a player to totally disregard their own rules. . But don't indulge this whiny douchebag. If Crosby is playing, then he can be hit like anyone else. Not saying target him, merely finish every check you can on #87.  

If it is gamesmanship, at some point the NHL's increasing partnership with gambling concerns is going to run headlong into a conflict. The NFL takes injury reports very seriously exactly because of that. The upper body/lower body, day to day, week to week thing is not gonna fly when money is involved.. 

Edited by Bugg

Let's not start pretending now the league gives two fucks about head injuries when there's been nothing but inconsistencies in dealing with hits year after year coming from their own DoP(e)S. 

It's going to take something huge and perhaps catastrophic to happen for them to change their MO but for now it's still just meaningless lip service when it's convenient.

Honestly I think a decision like this sits in their fodder bin and they wouldn't even consider touching it especially for a legendary player  (whether we hate the fucker or not).

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

They're calling it "whiplash". Basic idea; an NFL doctor in touch with an unnamed doctor associated with an NHL team say neither would nor should  sign off on this if media reports of a concussion are in fact the case. 

https://www.outkick.com/dr-david-chao-even-with-game-7-dont-see-how-penguins-can-risk-playing-sidney-crosby/

"If they allow Crosby to play, that means he never had a concussion or they would have to come forward with another plausible explanation. It is my belief that the quality doctors are not playing games here but in a key game 7, the team is trying for misdirection, and who can blame them."

Fine; for all the concern about head injuries, the NHL will allow a franchise and a player to totally disregard their own rules. . But don't indulge this whiny douchebag. If Crosby is playing, then he can be hit like anyone else. Not saying target him, merely finish every check you can on #87.  

If it is gamesmanship, at some point the NHL's increasing partnership with gambling concerns is going to run headlong into a conflict. The NFL takes injury reports very seriously exactly because of that. The upper body/lower body, day to day, week to week thing is not gonna fly when money is involved.. 

Fuck that.  Target him.  Target him cleanly, but target him.  Rock his shit every shift.

• Phil unpinned this topic

this probably has been the weirdest series of all time. The worst defending I’ve ever seen in the playoffs. Crazy goals. Clutch performances. Injury drama. Hitting. Offense. Comebacks. Won’t soon forget it and the next one won’t be anything close. What a series.

• Keeps it 100 1

On 5/14/2022 at 3:33 PM, Ranger Lothbrok said:

This has been just a weird series from the get-go. Game 1 never should've gone to OT. I don't know where we were at all in Games 3 and 4 and Shesty got lit up. But like, this team shows stretches of dominance that Pittsburgh doesn't. Yeah, they've run up the score on us, but due to bad turnovers and below average goaltending. We've never looked outclassed so much as hapless. Same cannot be said for them with our second period rallies. 

Remember the first 20 minutes of Game 1? Remember the 60 minutes of Game 2? Remember the second period rallies? We can dominate this team at will. The issue is the "at will" part. 

Playing the way I know we can, this should be a blowout victory with all the momentum. But with this series' residual weirdness, I am anything but confident. 

Good post. Really great posting on this site. I just found it and joined. Knowledgeable fans/responses. Gonna like it here. 

• Cheers 3
  • Applause 1

44 minutes ago, Valriera said:

this probably has been the weirdest series of all time. The worst defending I’ve ever seen in the playoffs. Crazy goals. Clutch performances. Injury drama. Hitting. Offense. Comebacks. Won’t soon forget it and the next one won’t be anything close. What a series.

Carolina's goal tending is amazing. Igor needs to be Ultra Igor.

The Rangers have gone from being 3-5 all time in game sevens to 10-6, and one of the better winning percentages. Also the third time they've come back to win a series down 3-1. It's been a few years since they've been in the playoffs, but there's been a lot of memorable wins and moments in recent memory.

• Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

7 hours ago, tentigers99 said:

Happy for the Bread Man. I was worried because he seemed to really disappear at times. Hope the game winner pumps him up Shoot more, lol!!

Welcome aboard!!!   Enjoy the ride with us!!  ....and the fun!!!

• Cheers 1

Sully and Crosby don’t know the rules about the helmet play. Hilarious. 

Petterson could have grabbed his helmet and put it back on his pea-brain-protector. 

Apparently the Pens complained to the league last year about the same rule and were explained the rules. Coach and captain still don’t know. 

Hahahhahaah fuckin losers!