• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Penguins Round One — General Series Thread

Phil

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/03/2022 at 04:00 PM

Has anyone brought up Barry Melrose yet and how terrible he looks? He's got concerning sun spots, missing his bottom teeth, and just sits there with no personality. Who's call was it to have him back in the studio? I know ESPN wants him to be the American Don Cherry, but he's scaring the children. 

7 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

Has anyone brought up Barry Melrose yet and how terrible he looks? He's got concerning sun spots, missing his bottom teeth, and just sits there with no personality. Who's call was it to have him back in the studio? I know ESPN wants him to be the American Don Cherry, but he's scaring the children. 

He's been hanging with Al Trautwig.

• LMFAO 2

The 2nd line really didn’t look that great on ice, at least from my vantage point. Yet they still combined for 20 points across 7 games:

Panarin - 7 points

Copp - 7 points, point in every game except Game 4

Strome - 6 points, point in every game except Game 4

And pretty much consistently put up points in every game. Lundqvist would have killed for that level of consistent offensive production in the playoffs during his career, regardless of how it looked.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

13 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

😂

That was beautiful

Feel a little bad for Hank though. I get thr impression he isn't quite in that full retirement acceptance yet so he's a bit more low key. He celebrated quite emphatically as a player when they won a series.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

That was beautiful

Feel a little bad for Hank though. I get thr impression he isn't quite in that full retirement acceptance yet so he's a bit more low key. He celebrated quite emphatically as a player when they won a series.  

Ya gotta feel for the guy.....The team we have today is more talented from top to bottom than any team they iced in front of him. Also, we don't know what the convo consisted of behind closed doors before he went to Washington. Maybe he wanted to stay; who knows.

23 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Ya gotta feel for the guy.....The team we have today is more talented from top to bottom than any team they iced in front of him. Also, we don't know what the convo consisted of behind closed doors before he went to Washington. Maybe he wanted to stay; who knows.

I’d say the fact that he was bought out proves he ne er wanted to go anywhere. He just wanted to play.

3 hours ago, Keirik said:

That was beautiful

It sucks for him, but, for us as fans I hope he is going to be the next Don Mattingly.  Retiring right before the team went off and won a bunch of championships.

We all believed and hoped BUT we all thought this was over when they went down 3-1. We got A LOT of puck luck in the last 3 games. Chiclets aren't fans of NY fans in general; they are out of Boston. I like those guys and laugh at their disdain for our Fandom. Haha

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

The Bis said on Twitter had to beat the Penguins with "scumbag hockey" which was "par for the course". The Rangers did get some puck luck no doubt, but the Pittsburgh also went, what, 5-0 on reviews and challenges?

And the pens didn’t have some luck? 

you make your own luck.. the rangers showed up just enough, and had enough talent to over come the pens. 

the pens whining is just the icing on the cake.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, siddious said:

And the pens didn’t have some luck? 

you make your own luck.. the rangers showed up just enough, and had enough talent to over come the pens. 

the pens whining is just the icing on the cake.  

Yes, it is. The Penguins had three chances, and leads in the last three games, to close out the Rangers. They overcome all of that, despite not even playing that great most of the time. Shesterkin wasn't that great overall, you look at his stats for the series and they don't look good. However in games five, six, and seven, he didn't allow a goal in the third period of any of those games. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yes, it is. The Penguins had three chances, and leads in the last three games, to close out the Rangers. They overcome all of that, despite not even playing that great most of the time. Shesterkin wasn't that great overall, you look at his stats for the series and they don't look good. However in games five, six, and seven, he didn't allow a goal in the third period of any of those games. 

Particularly in game 7 he made the saves at timely polenta to keep them in it. Something he wasn’t doing in game 3 and 4. It’s the only way the rangers can win unfortunately. That’s just how they’re built.

20 minutes ago, siddious said:

Particularly in game 7 he made the saves at timely polenta to keep them in it. Something he wasn’t doing in game 3 and 4. It’s the only way the rangers can win unfortunately. That’s just how they’re built.

Timely polenta! The best kind of polenta.

• LMFAO 2

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

The Bis said on Twitter had to beat the Penguins with "scumbag hockey" which was "par for the course". The Rangers did get some puck luck no doubt, but the Pittsburgh also went, what, 5-0 on reviews and challenges?

Bis losing a lot of credibility on numerous points. The Lindgren crosscheck on ERod thing is a legitimate non-call gripe, but shit happens. I could find a dozen or more non-calls against the Penguins. He’s wrong to make the follow up ERod penalty about retaliation. It wasn’t. It was a roughing call because his hands got high, at least that is what the ref thought in real time. Move on.

The Lafreniere thing is way overblown too. It was a tussle that both players were engaged in. Lafreniere finished the tussle. To steal a Bis-phrase describing ERod on Lindgren, looks like Lafreniere just outmuscled Petterson. You’re not getting that call in the playoffs, and if the scenario was reversed the Pens aren’t getting called for a penalty either. Take that to the bank. But I can see why Penguin homers are used to getting every single call imaginable. Oops. C’est la vie.

Where Bis really loses credibility is exactly what you’ve quoted. The Rangers always play “scumbag hockey”? That’s the first time I’ve heard the Rangers called a dirty team. Hilarious. I will wear that like a badge of honor. Apparently we’ve come a long way from the pussy hockey and shying away from confrontation than we have the past 15+ years. The funny part is that charge is coming from a Pens homer who has watched Crosby, Malkin, Letang cheapshot opponents for the past 15 years…slewfoots in particular. Mmmmm, the tears, they taste sooooo good.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 2