• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#80) Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes — Fight for First Place

Carolina is just fantastic and a better and more complete team. To me the biggest difference is their bottom six, especially their third line, which is just so much more effective than ours even with deadline moves. Players being healthy would help to an extent. 

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Laughable to compare him to Laf and Kakko. 

He was on the ice when Lafreniere scored, despite not getting an 🍎

Odd that you're not asking where the $8M 1C was last night, though. Secondary assist with 24 minutes. Where was Fox? Besides giving the puck away? 

But yes let's blame Strome, if that's your agenda. Just seems an odd choice on your part regarding who to complain about.

Fox needs to simplify his game a little, makes some great plays but turns over the puck a ton

23 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

They are a heavy team, for sure. The forechecking is incredible. But to me what makes the Canes so effective is they make you play the way they want through their aggresive forecheck. If the exit pass out of the DZ isn’t perfectly crisp, they are all over it and they put it right back in the OZ. And there always seems to be a lot of pressure on the defensemen to make sure that exit pass isn’t crisp. They dictate the play.

Quick and clean outlet passes to counter their forecheck, start getting the puck deep on them and exposing their defensemen, who outside of Slavin really aren’t all that special, is really how the script can get flipped on them. But obviously way easier said than done.

Agreed, Carolina is a really good team, still don’t trust their goaltending.  The Rangers needs to make their game more simple coming out of the zone, use close puck support, use the boards and try to play bigger in the neutral zone without the puck.  I know they like to carry the puck but you just can’t against this team, need adjustments if they play them in the playoffs.

• VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Laughable to compare him to Laf and Kakko. 

You can't whine that a guy is a product of linemates and then also whine when he doesn't have his linemates and does "nothing", yet...He was on the ice when Lafreniere scored, despite not getting an 🍎

Odd that you're not asking where the $8M 1C was last night, though. Secondary assist with 24 minutes. Where was Fox? Besides giving the puck away? 

But yes let's blame Strome, if that's your agenda. Just seems an odd choice on your part regarding who to complain about.

It’s not Stromes fault at all.

I will say this to echo your point. Last night would have been the perfect time for Mika to put the team on his back and be the 2 year ago Mika in the third. 

20 hours ago, The Dude said:

Then go to Hajek. Go to Tinordi. Jones. Anything. I'd rather Jack Johnson. Seriously. 

I can't stress enough on how useless a player Hunt is. It's really bothering me.

Brodzinski should no doubt play over him. I'd rather Mckegg though too. Atleast that sexy mother fucker can win a faceoff or something hockey related. Hunt does nothing. He's a twerp, and totally ineffective in any facet. 

Reaves? Fuck him too. Buy out after the season.  Nothing productive. A penalty waiting to happen and he is deterring nothing. If we face Washington  in round 1, or 2, Wilson will do as he pleases to the Rangers. This loud mouth shit talker has been a dead weight for months now. 

I wish Blais could come back. They need that dude. They need some fuckin balls. I was hoping Drury would have added some more depth at the deadline, with all that left over cap space. Stack the roster. Phil Kessel as the 13th forward.  Riley Nash off of waivers for a ballsy 4th liner that wont let his team get run all game. Anything to push Hunt, Gauthier, McKegg and Reaves down a peg on the depth chart and to have a proven player as a back up if a top 6 forward got hurt. 

If Copp isn't going into playoffs at 75%, they are screwed. Nevermind if Panarin nursing anything. 

Jesus, it's looking like they are going to really, seriously rely on Kakko being an impact player. Lafreniere has stepped it up. Maybe he shines if and when they have to lean on him. 

Sky is starting to fall. This loss and the last, shows this team has yet to figure out their competition, whom all play playoff style hockey and do as they please against the Rangers.  They harder to play against guys brought in, have become somewhat easy to play against.

Hajek and Tinordi are far worse too

Jones might be a better option but his time may come next season or on another team

Hunt really isn't that bad on the 4th line, he's better than Mckegg,though I did like way Johnny B played.

Reaves is fine, what's the issue with him other than he shouldn't be playing everynight and Wilson didn't try shit last time they played, he was invisible. Don't know if that is completely cause of Reaves but still I think he's been a fine addition.

He did add depth, he added Motte who looked like our best 4th liner.

1 hour ago, br-avery said:

Hajek and Tinordi are far worse too

Jones might be a better option but his time may come next season or on another team

Hunt really isn't that bad on the 4th line, he's better than Mckegg,though I did like way Johnny B played.

Reaves is fine, what's the issue with him other than he shouldn't be playing everynight and Wilson didn't try shit last time they played, he was invisible. Don't know if that is completely cause of Reaves but still I think he's been a fine addition.

He did add depth, he added Motte who looked like our best 4th liner.

I honestly don't think Hajek or Tinordi are worse than Nemeth. If Hajek was given an opportunity to shake off some tust, I think he's the better 3rd pairing LD.  Nemeth has been incredibly bad and it nothing new. Just horrible choices with the puck as well as blow coverage. 

Hunt is dog shit. I don't want to hear it. He's useless. Really does nothing good in particular. He's not even good defensively. He isn't physical,  he isn't fast, he isn't a buzzsaw, he isn't anything. I'd rather dress 7 or 8 D men instead of playing him or Reaves at this point. 

Reaves DOES play every game and every game,  he becomes more and more ineffective. That is an issue. He's not noticeable on the ice, save for a big hit on an unsuspecting player, every 4 or so ... games. He doesn't control his stick, he takes bad penalties that have zero to do with playing an intense game. 

As he scores a goal. Lol

Still fuck him. He's tired and has run his course. 

Honestly,  I wasn't impressed with Motte. A slightly better Hunt, which doesn't mean much of anything. Not much energy or filth/ dirt for a 4th liner

Maybe I'm expecting too much from the 4th liners, but I'm never going to pull for guys who pretty much just put on the jersey and don't add anything.  I demand a 4th liner to be able to do atleast one of the following:

PK, fight, bring constant pest-like attitude, or just be a misplaced offensively skilled player.

Hunt, and Motte don't do any of that. Blais coming back next season will be a  huge boost to these things thatvare lacking from the 4th line. Yes... I know a good, solid 4th line is a luxury and not something to bitch about. But this was a focal point on what was to reinvent the Rangers. IMO the players here now,  haven't done that. Not for a long enough period of time. 

I don't know if guys like Reaves and Goodrow have given this team it's confidence, or if it's the coach and finally getting through years growing pains that has them  where they are today. I'm not seeing the contribution on the ice from said players. Tom Wilson has gone UNTOUCHED.  So, I don't buy that it's Reaves and Goodrow. Gallant and getting through growing pains is it. 

Edited by The Dude