• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#50) Rangers at Ottawa Senators — Papa Palpatine's Power Play

Drew a Penalty

13 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I thought my Shesterkin scores a goal prediction finally was coming true.

There should be a running pot for when Shesterkin finally scores a goal. $1 a game. The pot accrues until it happens. Whoever has the game wins the pot.

It could be done for the next time Kakko scores a goal too. Might accumulate a nice sized pot for the lucky winner next year!

Edited by rmc51
  • LOL 1

1 minute ago, rmc51 said:

There should be a running pot for when Shesterkin finally scores a goal. $1 a game. The pot accrues until it happens. Whoever has the game wins the pot.

It could be done for the next time Kakko scores a goal too. Might accumulate a nice sized pot for the lucky winner next year!

Igor will probably score before Kakko at this point!  😉

• LOL 1

10 hours ago, Keirik said:

Honestly, this coach gets it. It’s a pleasure and I think the players would die for this guy. Not trying to make this about our previous guy but the team sure looks like they were ready for a coach that knows when to put it on cruise and when to slam the brakes. 

I like the way he puts guys in certain situations that I would never expect.  He seems to have confidence in guys, and seems to see past them making mistakes.  This guy has a plan, and I trust and believe in him.

To take a team like this, that not even 6 months ago, they were looking more like a lottery team....and turn them into a (currently) top 5 team in the NHL is ...well, a whole lot more than I expected, that's for sure!  The playoffs are looking more and more like they could be a reality, and I really think Drury is going to be very wise in his approach to how hard we swing for the fences this season.  I hope we take a good rip, but keep it cool with what we give up in prospects.  I'd rather give up picks now, since I think we're done "re-building".

The future looks really bright with this regime in tact...and Gallant is really looking like not only a Jack Adams candidate in my book, but possibly the coach of this team for the next decade!

• Thanks 1
  • VINNY! 1

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I like the way he puts guys in certain situations that I would never expect.  He seems to have confidence in guys, and seems to see past them making mistakes.  This guy has a plan, and I trust and believe in him.

To take a team like this, that not even 6 months ago, they were looking more like a lottery team....and turn them into a (currently) top 5 team in the NHL is ...well, a whole lot more than I expected, that's for sure!  The playoffs are looking more and more like they could be a reality, and I really think Drury is going to be very wise in his approach to how hard we swing for the fences this season.  I hope we take a good rip, but keep it cool with what we give up in prospects.  I'd rather give up picks now, since I think we're done "re-building".

The future looks really bright with this regime in tact...and Gallant is really looking like not only a Jack Adams candidate in my book, but possibly the coach of this team for the next decade!

I think as long as this leadership group is here, Gallant will be hanging in. They seem to have clicked. The thing that blows me away is we gave away Buchs production and gained less but grew as a team without our high tier prospects really running away with the game. This team is built for longevity as our young guns take steps forward. Shesty is a gift that we need to be uber thankful for. His fragility is his only downfall thus far. His stick handling is awesome and he had balls the size of boulders when he chooses to leave the crease. Love it. Love this team. The Rangers compete like we haven't seen in a LONGGG time. Rock on boys!!! We trust in Drury to upgrade on Chytil. That'll put us in a good way.

15 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

I think as long as this leadership group is here, Gallant will be hanging in. They seem to have clicked. The thing that blows me away is we gave away Buchs production and gained less but grew as a team without our high tier prospects really running away with the game. This team is built for longevity as our young guns take steps forward. Shesty is a gift that we need to be uber thankful for. His fragility is his only downfall thus far. His stick handling is awesome and he had balls the size of boulders when he chooses to leave the crease. Love it. Love this team. The Rangers compete like we haven't seen in a LONGGG time. Rock on boys!!! We trust in Drury to upgrade on Chytil. That'll put us in a good way.

I hear ya, JSM!!!  ...I know there's been a lot of talk about Buch and that trade, but I still feel Buch was a cap casualty, and he was going to be the odd man out, production aside.  We had to make room for the kids and that was that.  In years to come, that decision I still feel will not only even out, but outweigh keeping Buch and losing young, key players due to his cap hit.

This team is still extremely young, and already it seems as though their window has just opened to be a decent playoff team.  I think if we keep going down this path, especially with Igor's dominance, guys like Schneider, and the improvement of Kakko and Laffy, we're going to be Stanley Cup contenders for years to come.

26 minutes ago, josh said:

In less games, Schneider now has more assists than:

Lafreniere

Gauthier

McKegg

Lundkvist

Hajek

Nemeth

He's tied with Rooney and 1 behind Lindgren.

He's on a line with guys who can finish.  The others especially Lafreniere, Gauthier and McKegg are not. 🤣

28 minutes ago, josh said:

In less games, Schneider now has more assists than:

Lafreniere

Gauthier

McKegg

Lundkvist

Hajek

Nemeth

He's tied with Rooney and 1 behind Lindgren.

Lafreniere had 77 assists in 52 games in his final year in the Q. Fools gold.

Edited by rmc51

• Phil unpinned this topic

I still can't believe that didn't go in. I think the choppy ice let Igor down on that one. That puck was labeled for the middle of the net. Perhaps the puck also had too much backspin on it, which caused it to veer to the left. Maybe if he made that shot in front of the net, instead of behind it, it would have been a goal. You would think he'd get one eventually, but you still don't know, and I wanted it. lol On the plus side, I'd rather it happen at MSG instead of a near empty arena in Canada.

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I still can't believe that didn't go in. I think the choppy ice let Igor down on that one. That puck was labeled for the middle of the net. Perhaps the puck also had too much backspin on it, which caused it to veer to the left. Maybe if he made that shot in front of the net, instead of behind it, it would have been a goal. You would think he'd get one eventually, but you still don't know, and I wanted it. lol On the plus side, I'd rather it happen at MSG instead of a near empty arena in Canada.

It looked like spun left hard when it landed.  Kinda like when you float in a sweet little SW from about 95 yards.  It hits the green and checks up 3 feet from the flag....

That's actually not the way it happens though;

I usually skull one like a bullet through the green and find it in the water hazard behind everything!  LOL

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, it either hit a divot in the ice, or just maybe had too much backspin on it. So close!

I jumped outta my seat, Sharpy....I thought it was in!!!

We needed some curling guy down there with a broom!!!  LOL

Just now, Ozzy said:

I jumped outta my seat, Sharpy....I thought it was in!!!

We needed some curling guy down there with a broom!!!  LOL

Yeah, really. I was sitting on the edge of the couch when I saw that puck going down the ice and then I saw the puck curving a bit, and I was like, "No!". But, what can you say about this guy's puck handling ability? That puck was labeled for the middle of the net after shooting it from behind his own net! Impressive.

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, really. I was sitting on the edge of the couch when I saw that puck going down the ice and then I saw the puck curving a bit, and I was like, "No!". But, what can you say about this guy's puck handling ability? That puck was labeled for the middle of the net after shooting it from behind his own net! Impressive.

I used to think that Ron Hextall was the best "shooting" goalie ever after watching him pot one like that.  But Igor can actually "handle" the puck with that fucking boat-oar of a stick goalies use.

I consider him like a 3rd defenseman back there on dump-ins.  He flags down pucks like it's child's play.  That really is going to help out in a long series where defenseman don't have to contend for the puck and get railed into the boards on every dump in.

Fucking Igor, man....   I promised The Big K I wouldn't say it, so I won't...but damn!!  He's special!

I remember all the years watching how Brodeur handled the puck and thinking it would be nice if the Rangers finally had a goalie that could handle the puck that well. They have never had a goalie like this, and it's great to see. I just love watching him play goal, let alone handle the puck. His positioning and rebound control are nearly flawless. He's just so sound in every aspect. 

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Keeps it 100 3