• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Playstation System and Games Discussion

Drew a Penalty

21 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Is there any benefit to one ssd compared to another?  Like assuming money isn't an issue which one is best? 

It matters in regards to speed, quality and warranty. PS5's run off a fast SSD and they recommend purchasing one just as fast if not faster. Look for a drive that's got a read speed of 5500mb/s and above and with a heatsink. Here's a couple. Some come with a heatsink others you'll have to get separately.

Corsair MP600 PRO

Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus

Seagate FIRECUDA 530

Samsung 980 PRO

WD Black SN850

In terms of "best" I think it really comes down to who you ask. Hit up youtube, there are plenty of reviews regarding speed, heat etc. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

This is a really good one here that's currently on sale. Get the one with the heatsink on it already and the 2TB if cash is not an issue.

https://www.westerndigital.com/products/internal-drives/wd-black-sn850-nvme-ssd#WDS200T1XHE

That’s what I got except the 1TB since money is the issue. 😂, and I’m not all that much of a gamer at 45 years old. 

On 3/3/2022 at 7:48 AM, Blue Heaven said:

That’s what I got except the 1TB since money is the issue. 😂, and I’m not all that much of a gamer at 45 years old. 

Yeah, 1TB will more than hold you over, especially if you're not a big gamer and selective about what you play.

On 3/5/2022 at 1:33 AM, Keirik said:

I just can’t put down horizon forbidden west. The world is just so well done. Love it. 

Forbidden West is a sequel done right. Take everything from the first game, make it better, and then add new things to enhance the gameplay even more. The world is indeed well done. Not only is it beautiful to look at, but the addition of more towns and settlements makes it feel lived in. I like that there are hubs and multi-layered side quests and some minigames. They took a lot from Witcher 3 here, and it shows. The new characters/villains are good, and the variety in the machines is well done too.

• Keeps it 100 1

4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Forbidden West is a sequel done right. Take everything from the first game, make it better, and then add new things to enhance the gameplay even more. The world is indeed well done. Not only is it beautiful to look at, but the addition of more towns and settlements makes it feel lived in. I like that there are hubs and multi-layered side quests and some minigames. They took a lot from Witcher 3 here, and it shows. The new characters/villains are good, and the variety in the machines is well done too.

Yup exactly. I also think they did a very good job increasing the mood of the game and even the music is just done better than last game and multi leveled and varied depending on where you are in the map. Just don’t so well. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@KeirikHave you finished Forbidden West yet? It feels like I've been playing this game for months and I've only uncovered half of the map. LOL

I'm not necessarily a completionist, but I'm finding myself doing as much as I can, but still skipping some stuff I don't care about it. This game is huge. It's a major upgrade from the first in terms of the world and characters. It'll be hard to top the story of the first, but it's good so far.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

@KeirikHave you finished Forbidden West yet? It feels like I've been playing this game for months and I've only uncovered half of the map. LOL

I'm not necessarily a completionist, but I'm finding myself doing as much as I can, but still skipping some stuff I don't care about it. This game is huge. It's a major upgrade from the first in terms of the world and characters. It'll be hard to top the story of the first, but it's good so far.

I haven’t no. I put it down for a bit but I’m the same. Played what feels like a good 50 hours or so but only half the map explored. I kind of take my time and do a ton of side quests before the main quest. Great game. 

On 7/22/2022 at 8:24 PM, Keirik said:

I haven’t no. I put it down for a bit but I’m the same. Played what feels like a good 50 hours or so but only half the map explored. I kind of take my time and do a ton of side quests before the main quest. Great game. 

Yeah, I took a bit of a break also. I hate complaining about too much content, because it kind of sounds ridiculous, but I feel like this game has too much. lol It's the negative with open world games. Yeah, a lot of stuff is optional, but having too much fluff really can mess with the pacing and the main story.

5 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, I took a bit of a break also. I hate complaining about too much content, because it kind of sounds ridiculous, but I feel like this game has too much. lol It's the negative with open world games. Yeah, a lot of stuff is optional, but having too much fluff really can mess with the pacing and the main story.

Possibly, but I’ll take it all day as opposed to a thin game at full price. 

even if I ended up taking 10 months to complete it, at least I know I got my moneys worth lol 

• 3 months later...
20 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

I poured 4 or 5 hours into Ragnarok. What an absolute beauty of a game.

I'll be diving in this weekend. Because of the holiday I'll have a nice extra day to get going. I'm looking forward to it. I've tried avoiding watching too many videos of it, but what I have seen, looks incredible.

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/4/2022 at 5:10 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Been trying to find a working Pacman game for my son that works on PS3 since that is the console I have.  Nothing at local Best Buy or Game Stops.  Found a store in the Bayshore mall that has all kinds of old games and consoles.  I nabbed these for myself

spacer.png

Finally got around to playing some games last night.  Spent about 2.5 hours playing SD2 Know Your Role after work last night.  My left thumb is on fire.  Feels like that first day back at the gym after a long layoff and your muscles are sore as shit because they're not used to it.  Yea, its definitely like that.  

• 5 months later...

So I found out the hard way that my PS3 is not backward compatible with PS2 games.  My son has been obsessed with Top Gun and jets in general...which has also made my obsession resurface as well lol.  Took him to the Jones Beach air show for his first time.  We usually just watch the Thunderbirds take off and land at ISP.  

Anyways, he was playing this jet game on his tablet and I'm like fuck this I am getting him a good jet game for the PS3.  I was off and on playing those WWF games that I posted a few months back but never got to the two PS2 games I bought or else I would have found out sooner.  Since the PS1 games worked on my PS3 I assumed the PS2 would too...
Loop Trump GIF

So now I am stuck with a pissed off 5 year old who has these games he cannot play.  The 4 local retro game stores that I bought these from are all closed now and don't open again until Wednesday.  Do any local LIers have any PS3 jet games that I can borrow or buy off of you if you don't want them anymore?  Preferably something with more modern American jets?  I bought him Top Gun and Ace Combat 5 so something along those lines.  Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters...something along those lines.  I am desperate.