• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Playstation System and Games Discussion

Drew a Penalty

Alright, here I am playing by myself and woah. A good 7-8 hours into Horizon. Just unlocked the world. It’s so jaw dropping beautiful on fidelity mode. I personally haven’t noticed any slow downs locked at 30 fps but I’m not an fps snob. I know some are. It’s a very deep game though. I’m enjoying the crap out of it. Enough that I haven’t touched cyberpunk yet after the next gen patch

• Keeps it 100 1

I'm still waiting for it to get shipped to me. lol I've heard nothing but great things so far. It sounds like there's a lot to do, and the game is loaded with content. I can't wait to dive in. Even watching YouTube videos, it's stunning. The level of detail in the environment and the villages is astounding. I've also heard that there are some graphical issues playing in Performance mode. Hopefully that gets fixed soon because I prefer playing with the higher framerates, especially for action games like this.  60FPS just looks so good compared to 30.

• Keeps it 100 1

Horizon got its first patch today. I don't know know this one fixes the graphical issues in Performance Mode, but it addresses a bunch of other things. They know about the graphical problems and are working on it immediately. Credit to them for fixing them in a hurry, but I feel like something like that would have been discovered when testing the game?

On 2/23/2022 at 8:15 AM, Sharpshooter said:

Horizon got its first patch today. I don't know know this one fixes the graphical issues in Performance Mode, but it addresses a bunch of other things. They know about the graphical problems and are working on it immediately. Credit to them for fixing them in a hurry, but I feel like something like that would have been discovered when testing the game?

These days i think most games get released knowing there’s a day 1,3,10 day patxh

it seems so common now 

On 2/25/2022 at 8:59 PM, Blue Heaven said:

Currently downloading Gran Turismo 7 for the PS5, 98 GBs, probably going to be close to maxing out my hard drive.  

Now you made me check my ps5 and I’m at 160 gigs free space and I have like 4 games on the hdd. Nuts

tbe expandable storage, isn’t there something specific you need to buy so there is no hiccups at all ? I know with the series x there was one specific external that was plug and play and also ran fast enough to not cause any issues with installed games off of it.

21 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Now you made me check my ps5 and I’m at 160 gigs free space and I have like 4 games on the hdd. Nuts

tbe expandable storage, isn’t there something specific you need to buy so there is no hiccups at all ? I know with the series x there was one specific external that was plug and play and also ran fast enough to not cause any issues with installed games off of it.

You need to get one of the SSDs that you can put inside to expand PS5 game storage. An external drive will only expand storage for PS4 games. I’ve got a 2 TB external on mine which has been sufficient enough given there aren’t many PS5 games out and few which I feel the need to have downloaded for constant use.

• Thanks 1

On 2/26/2022 at 11:40 PM, Keirik said:

To expand the storage of the PS5, you will need to buy a M.2 SSD. If you can find a 2TB one on sale, I would do it. Install is easy. Just take off the covers and you will see a slot that is covered by a piece of metal. Unscrew it, remove the panel and insert the drive into the slot. There will be another screw there to fasten it in place. Then screw back on the cover and put the PS5 plate back on. Once you plug your system back in, format the drive when prompted. It's quite easy and takes minutes, and it's totally worth it. A lot games, especially the Triple A ones, are huge.

• Like 1
  • TroCheckmark 1

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

To expand the storage of the PS5, you will need to buy a M.2 SSD. If you can find a 2TB one on sale, I would do it. Install is easy. Just take off the covers and you will see a slot that is covered by a piece of metal. Unscrew it, remove the panel and insert the drive into the slot. There will be another screw there to fasten it in place. Then screw back on the cover and put the PS5 plate back on. Once you plug your system back in, format the drive when prompted. It's quite easy and takes minutes, and it's totally worth it. A lot games, especially the Triple A ones, are huge.

Is their a brand that you recommend?  

On 2/28/2022 at 9:44 AM, Sharpshooter said:

Ordered a Western Digital 1TB SSD.....Now lets see if I can figure out how to install in this weekend.  Then full day of playing Gran Turismo....Was contemplating pre-ordering MLB The Show but this lockout is swaying me not to give $$$ to MLB.  

2 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Ordered a Western Digital 1TB SSD.....Now lets see if I can figure out how to install in this weekend.  Then full day of playing Gran Turismo....Was contemplating pre-ordering MLB The Show but this lockout is swaying me not to give $$$ to MLB.  

• Like 1
  • TroCheckmark 1

7 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Anyone here play chel?  The guys I play with don’t know positioning and are all over the ice

Maybe it's you, because you're playing NHL chel...and they're playing chel.

7 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Shane beat me to it. There are a lot of videos on it. You don't even have to be tech savvy to do it. It's very simple. GT7 takes up almost 100 GB.

3 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Is there any benefit to one ssd compared to another?  Like assuming money isn't an issue which one is best? 

This is a really good one here that's currently on sale. Get the one with the heatsink on it already and the 2TB if cash is not an issue.

https://www.westerndigital.com/products/internal-drives/wd-black-sn850-nvme-ssd#WDS200T1XHE

Edited by Sharpshooter