• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hottest Cold Food Takes

Phil

My wife thinks I am a Neanderthal because I hate refrigerating my leftovers.  You're going to get sick eating spoiled food.  Bitch, food doesn't spoil in one night(for the most part).  I grew up eating cold leftovers my stomach is iron clad.  Then show her the George Carlin swimming in the Hudson River skit.

Edited by SaveByRichter35
typo
  • Thanks 1
  • LMFAO 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

My wife things I am a Neanderthal because I hate refrigerating my leftovers.  You're going to get sick eating spoiled food.  Bitch, food doesn't spoil in one night(for the most part).  I grew up eating cold leftovers my stomach is iron clad.  Then show her the George Carlin swimming in the Hudson River skit.

I was shocked to learn that Europeans leave eggs out of the fridge for weeks. Like, they don't refrigerate eggs.

3 minutes ago, Dunny said:

I was shocked to learn that Europeans leave eggs out of the fridge for weeks. Like, they don't refrigerate eggs.

You don't have to if they were never refrigerated to begin with.  A coworker has a bunch of chickens and sells the eggs.  He says they'll last 2-3 weeks unrefrigerated.  But once they are put in they need to stay refrigerated or they'll go bad much quicker.

• Keeps it 100 1

I think it goes back to our parents generation. They were terrified of food born disease. Mine were, anyways.

I'll try to serve them a medium rare porkchop and they gag. At Thanksgiving a couple years ago they refused to eat my brined and BBQ'd turkey because it was too juicy. I would stick the thermometer in and show them it was cooked. They'd just gag.

• Keeps it 100 1

12 minutes ago, Dunny said:

I think it goes back to our parents generation. They were terrified of food born disease. Mine were, anyways.

I'll try to serve them a medium rare porkchop and they gag. At Thanksgiving a couple years ago they refused to eat my brined and BBQ'd turkey because it was too juicy. I would stick the thermometer in and show them it was cooked. They'd just gag.

My parents are the ones that raised me eating unrefrigerated leftovers lol.  They still do it and its only the two of them in the house.  They'll leave it out all night and then put it in the next day.  

3 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

My parents are the ones that raised me eating unrefrigerated leftovers lol.  They still do it and its only the two of them in the house.  They'll leave it out all night and then put it in the next day.  

I have a buddy that would always order crab Rangoon. Leave it out all night, eat the rest the next day.

Thats pretty much why when my son tries to serve me medium rare porkchop I gag. 

12 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

What kind of mac and cheese?  Cold Kraft is gross.  I don't even like reheated Kraft.  Even when reheated with milk mixed into it.  Just something about old Kraft is yuck.

started with cold pizza and cold pasta for me as stepping stones.  mac and cheese you have to get used to the congealed cheese, otherwise not that different 

7 minutes ago, fletch said:

started with cold pizza and cold pasta for me as stepping stones.  mac and cheese you have to get used to the congealed cheese, otherwise not that different 

I eat a lot of cold food.  I even like my mom's home made mac and cheese when it is cold.  Kraft just doesn't do it for me.

Reheating pizza trick; do it in a frying pan with a lid and a tablespoon of water(for 2 slices, less water if only one); almost as good as fresh. And takes at most 5 minutes. Do have to wash the pan afterward. Think a lot of these cold food takes are peole disinclined to wash cookware. 

• LOL 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

On 1/15/2022 at 2:30 PM, Bugg said:

Reheating pizza trick; do it in a frying pan with a lid and a tablespoon of water(for 2 slices, less water if only one); almost as good as fresh. And takes at most 5 minutes. Do have to wash the pan afterward. Think a lot of these cold food takes are peole disinclined to wash cookware. 

💯