• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#29) Rangers at Arizona Coyotes — If They Lose, We Riot!

Phil

Yeah, you might as well just start watching from there. lol The Rangers were totally bailed out in this one with a couple of careless penalties late by Arizona. 

By the way, I still don't like 'Arizona Coyotes'. 'Phoenix Coyoes' sounded so much better. Obviously I know why, but still, I much prefer them in Phoenix.

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, definitely. I think this was what, their sixth game in nine nights? Plus, all of the travel as you mentioned, definitely some mental and physical fatigue. Even Adam Fox looked human. lol

I was thinking last night that Fox has looked worse in these last 2 games than I have ever seen him look. The good news is that they have 2 home games in the next 10 days so they should get plenty of rest.

I know making schedules with 32 teams and 32 arenas is not easy but I seriously wonder if anyone proof reads the schedule once its done. It's been particularly bad this season. 

13 minutes ago, siddious said:

I know making schedules with 32 teams and 32 arenas is not easy but I seriously wonder if anyone proof reads the schedule once its done. It's been particularly bad this season. 

Yes.  All this whining about the Islanders playing 13 straight on the road.  The league spaced it so they had time off between games and could go home.  During that time we played 11 on the road, including real trips, and another 6 at home.  

1 minute ago, Sod16 said:

Yes.  All this whining about the Islanders playing 13 straight on the road.  The league spaced it so they had time off between games and could go home.  During that time we played 11 on the road, including real trips, and another 6 at home.  

I mean most of that whining was non-sense. They dont have a home arena what do you want them to do?

I fell asleep sometime in the first period. I came to sometime in the second, saw the Coyotes had scored, and fell back asleep. I woke up again toward the end of the 2nd, saw we'd scored, and fell back asleep.

Either this game was boring as fuck, I was tired, or I'm suffering from Rangers-induced narcole..

Back again with another "thriller" last night!  Let's just say it wasn't pretty, but 2 points is 2 points no matter how you slice it!

........The Top 8 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by No Doz are on the board:

12 hours ago, jsrangers said:

the good news is I won't spend half the game looking for 72. Now I can focus on trying to find 13 wondering if he was scratched too.

11 hours ago, phillyb said:

Suicide game: 

Drink every time Zib misses the net. 

11 hours ago, Phil said:

It's not even the late start. It's this game. It's visual ZzzQuil.

11 hours ago, Tonybologna said:

They've got a kid playing his first NHL game too so it's already basically 2-0 Yotes

11 hours ago, CBrowningPI said:

I think the 2nd booster was Estrogen 

10 hours ago, Kevin said:

Making sure the hot dogs are ready for Laf and Kessel’s contest between periods.

10 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I liked when the Devils had Blackwood and Wedgewood. That was neat. Their third stringer was Balsawood.

10 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

So glad Gauthier evolved from driving to the net for a nothing play, to driving around the net for a nothing play. 

….and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Kevin.  Damn, this one was ugly, but a win is a win...and it's one more in the bucket. 

...and we can probably take Kessel off the trade target list eh??

• Applause 3

3 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I have to say I liked the way the power play looked better after Panarin got hurt.

I agree.  I think it's more effective when Zib sets up in the Ovie spot rather than Panarin.  I also like Kakko better in the bumper spot than Zib.

• Applause 1

Just now, Kevin said:

I agree.  I think it's more effective when Zib sets up in the Ovie spot rather than Panarin.  I also like Kakko better in the bumper spot than Zib.

Panarin doesn't shoot enough in that spot.  Zibs isn't afraid to shoot from there, he just misses the net more than half the time.

• LOL 1

5 minutes ago, josh said:

With Panarin there, you take away Zibanejad's most effective aspect of his game.

2 PP units would work.

It'd help balance things up a bit too. Teams generally know that if they survive PP1, they're clear. Flipping Bread and Kakko makes teams have to think about PP2, especially with Trouba's shot available to Panarin.

I agree the talent could be spread but they do have the #6 PP in the league so I mean it's not necessarily a problem that needs fixing. 

I'm a Kakko stan though so I'd love to see him keep that net front spot. I would lose Strome and replace him with Panarin who likes to dish more than shoot anyway. 

• Like 1

If you're going to change the powerplay, you put zibanejad on PP2 in that spot and you put Kakko in the bumper spot. Panarin is far too good not to be playing there and if Mika is not a shooting threat he's not offering anything. 

That said, the whole we have one of the best powerplays in the league is true and we don't need to go crazy here

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Valriera said:

If you're going to change the powerplay, you put zibanejad on PP2 in that spot and you put Kakko in the bumper spot. Panarin is far too good not to be playing there and if Mika is not a shooting threat he's not offering anything. 

That said, the whole we have one of the best powerplays in the league is true and we don't need to go crazy here

Why are we even talking about changing something this team has struggled with indefinitely in past years when it is finally rectified. 

Geez, this place sometimes.....

3 minutes ago, Flynn said:

I enjoyed the icing 8 seconds into the 1st period, and 6 seconds in to the 2nd. If they weren't shorthanded to start the 3rd I'd have like to see us try for 4 seconds 

I think there's an achievement for that in the NHL, Flynn!!  LOL

• Phil unpinned this topic