• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

At What Point Do We Start Giving Gallant Some Credit?

ThirtyONE

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I can't help it....I really like Gallant! 

Check him out in today's presser:  The guy is straight up, no-bullshit, and right down the middle.

He is what the team needed. No detracting away from what he has done here. Still wanna know why he got oustered so quick in Florida and Vegas though.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

He is what the team needed. No detracting away from what he has done here. Still wanna know why he got oustered so quick in Florida and Vegas though.

I don't even wanna know at this point, JSM.  Their loss is our gain!!  LOL

His sincerity is the trait that appeals to me as a fan the most.  I also would've LOVED to play for a coach like him!

• TroCheckmark 1

8 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I don't even wanna know at this point, JSM.  Their loss is our gain!!  LOL

His sincerity is the trait that appeals to me as a fan the most.  I also would've LOVED to play for a coach like him!

Sounds like Reavo definitely enjoys playing for him. I think you'll like his response to the last question here (5:54 mark). Also good insight into Turk's coaching style with players. 

Edited by Karan
  • Keeps it 100 1

12 minutes ago, Karan said:

Sounds like Reavo definitely enjoys playing for him. I think you'll like his response to the last question here (5:54 mark). Also good insight into Turk's coaching style with players. 

That's some seriously great insight from a guy who's been there and done it.  He's probably one of the best mentors for these young guns.  His experience is absolutely priceless.  I'm really happy we went and got him, albeit I wish we got him earlier in his career.

Guys like this are locker room GOLD.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

One big difference is how Gallant doesn’t Immediately punish a young player. Hunt took that high stick penalty. Bonehead play. Guy was right back out there. Let’s players play a little less scared I’d say. 

Biggest difference, for sure 

It’s amazing to see this team with a fucking NHL calibur coach. 7 in a row is no joke no matter who you’re beating. 

I pulled that stat from the chicago broadcast @Petebut @joshaso made mention that we’re not talking about goals in the first or last minute of the period this season and we can also give Gallant some credit there.  

Hell, these guys are actually winning Matinee games! Hahah. 

9 hours ago, Keirik said:

One big difference is how Gallant doesn’t Immediately punish a young player. Hunt took that high stick penalty. Bonehead play. Guy was right back out there. Let’s players play a little less scared I’d say. 

Would like to see more from Kakko and Laf.

Chyitl looks like a lost cause, a sunk cost. Don't think that's gonna change. The 4th line right now is way more effective than the 3rd. 

• TroCheckmark 1

10 hours ago, Keirik said:

Yeah, same as when puck went off Gauthier's stick for 1st goal. 

• TroCheckmark 1

11 hours ago, Keirik said:

This is the key right here, I think.  I like the belief that Gallant has in his guys.   He trusts them, and that's seemingly a very big difference, rather than thinking that every time you make a mistake, you're gonna be picking splinters out of your ass on the bench.  BIG difference, and I think that's a terrible way of coaching at this level.

I'm absolutely loving this team right now.  They play for one another!  I haven't seen this kinda shit since back in our glory years!