• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan Reaves Placed on IR With Lower-Body Injury

Phil

Reeves has heart, but he's 35, slow, and no doubt increasingly injury prone.  He is not going to be the ballast of a new effective fourth line.  Next grit acquisition, please.

I'm sure his advocates are just shocked and could never seen this coming.

Edited by Sod16
  • Applause 1

6 hours ago, Sod16 said:

Reeves has heart, but he's 35, slow, and no doubt increasingly injury prone.  He is not going to be the ballast of a new effective fourth line.  Next grit acquisition, please.

Careful, these posts are closely monitored. 👀

11 hours ago, Sod16 said:

Sure, as are all 35-year-old fourth-liners.

I've no idea what thumbing the eyes of people who like him is supposed to accomplish, as if I'm blind to the concept of an aging curve?

Without Kravstov in the mix, I just feel like there's a real hole in the lineup. The fact that Greg McKegg is playing NHL games consistently is really concerning.

Initially, I was hoping that when an injury happened, that would open the door for someone like Gauthier, not McKegg. I do think the Rangers need another skilled winger sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThirtyONE said:

Without Kravstov in the mix, I just feel like there's a real hole in the lineup. The fact that Greg McKegg is playing NHL games consistently is really concerning.

Initially, I was hoping that when an injury happened, that would open the door for someone like Gauthier, not McKegg. I do think the Rangers need another skilled winger sooner rather than later.

it did open the door for gauthier, who has declined to walk through it as of today, unfortunately. Guy looked awful in the two games he had, and even moreso playing on top line.

2 hours ago, Valriera said:

it did open the door for gauthier, who has declined to walk through it as of today, unfortunately. Guy looked awful in the two games he had, and even moreso playing on top line.

The door has been open for Gauthier for three years here. He’s just not going to be anything more than a borderline NHLer.. Plain and simple. 

I think he needs time off. That pre season injury is probably still lingering. It had to have been more thanthey say it was. I expected a bit more out of him. Hopefully he rests up and comes back with a bit more buzz.  

This may open up an opportunity for someone more deserving of a spot. Maybe Barron gets a sniff.

What's left in free agency? 

I'll probably get killed for this, but if they can start working on transitioning Chytil to wing, why not sign Eric Staal? 3td line duties? Big body? Leadership? Good on faceoffs. This team needs depth.  I mean.....  They're playing Mckegg. 

I must be watching a different Gauthier. Guy is bringing it every time he's out there this season.  Had a really good game against Dallas.

Looks more like a work in progress than he does a likely waiver casualty.  He definitely needs to get results NOW. Gift horse and such. 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

I must be watching a different Gauthier. Guy is bringing it every time he's out there this season.  Had a really good game against Dallas.

Looks more like a work in progress than he does a likely waiver casualty.  He definitely needs to get results NOW. Gift horse and such. 

You’re only watching the offensive side then. His play inside our zone is offensive

On 10/29/2021 at 10:32 AM, ThirtyONE said:

I just think they need another winger, period. A reliable player. They just need to properly slot their players so that McKegg isn't even a factor.