• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#6) Rangers at Ottawa Senators — Another One

Drew a Penalty

1 hour ago, Valriera said:

So much drama with this team.

Really their worst game of the season but, again, last years team doesn’t win this. Something is different this year even tho not so much on ice today

There probably was one but I honestly can’t remember a come back win last season at all. That team had no life. 

Far too early to make any type of real declarations about this team. That being said, we are 4-1-1 without really playing our best hockey. It’s safe to say last years team doesn’t win in Toronto or Ottawa, and that at best they split the Montreal and Nashville games.

It’s been said before and it’ll continue to be said, but the conditioning just looks better. In every game, the Rangers have looked like the faster, hungrier team later on in the 3rd periods. And that is impressive for a team that for too often last year, just looked like it relied on skill and skill alone. Their young legs have been apparent against every single team on this road trip the more the game has progressed.

Eventually, the offense will kick into gear. It won’t be long before Panarin and Zibanejad really start going. But the fact we are 4-1-1 without really having either of our Top-2 lines going, and without our PP doing much, is a real tribute to some of the steps they have obviously taken so early on in the season. 

Offense is a problem. I mean that much is obvious. The top two lines don’t look like they have any chemistry, and you know what, Panarin seems to miss Strome — which is funny because it wasn’t the other way around last year. 

but the fact that they just swept the road trip without a second line is pretty insane. The fact that I assumed the game was over after they went down 2-0 means that things are different this year.  

the guys who were brought in to play a specific role have been phenomenal. Kreider has been phenomenal. Now we just need to figure out who’s playing where on the top 2 lines once everyone’s back. 

15 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

Offense is a problem. I mean that much is obvious. The top two lines don’t look like they have any chemistry, and you know what, Panarin seems to miss Strome — which is funny because it wasn’t the other way around last year. 

but the fact that they just swept the road trip without a second line is pretty insane. The fact that I assumed the game was over after they went down 2-0 means that things are different this year.  

the guys who were brought in to play a specific role have been phenomenal. Kreider has been phenomenal. Now we just need to figure out who’s playing where on the top 2 lines once everyone’s back. 

20 93 24
10 16 21
13 72 91
29 17 75

I Got You Thumbs Up GIF by Patriot Act

Edited by Pete

10 hours ago, Valriera said:

So nobody saw it but the Rangers had six guys on the ice defending for a minute in the second

I found it: 6:06 in the second the Rangers had six guys on the ice for around a minute, defending and still couldn’t get the puck out, can’t seem to upload the screenshot tho

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

20 93 24
10 16 21
13 72 91
29 17 75

I Got You Thumbs Up GIF by Patriot Act

Yeah, I don't hate this at all. Goodrow's game is interesting and could be a real compliment to Strome and Panarin.

I think they need to get another winger by the deadline so Blais can push down and Hunt can be an extra forward. But yeah, that's an interesting start. 

Holy shit, hahaha. 

3 hours ago, Valriera said:

I found it: 6:06 in the second the Rangers had six guys on the ice for around a minute, defending and still couldn’t get the puck out, can’t seem to upload the screenshot tho

XSYCj2H.jpg

It wasn't a full minute, but it was more than your standard botched line change and in the middle of play and blatantly obvious.

Holy fuckin shit. hahhahaa

Edited by phillyb

56 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

Yeah, I don't hate this at all. Goodrow's game is interesting and could be a real compliment to Strome and Panarin.

I think they need to get another winger by the deadline so Blais can push down and Hunt can be an extra forward. But yeah, that's an interesting start. 

Blais and Laf have been good. I'd leave that line alone until there's a reason not to. 

Hey hey gang!!!

........And here are the Top 5 nominees for yesterday's Ozzy Quote of the GDT:

On 10/23/2021 at 2:31 PM, Bugg said:

Not sure who does the scheduling, or what input teams have in it. But NYR should avoid afternoon games like you would $5 crack hookers with bloody noses. 

On 10/23/2021 at 3:22 PM, Flynn said:

Great call. That kid dives more than Greg Louganis

On 10/23/2021 at 3:24 PM, Keirik said:

Abraham Lindgren with the goal!

On 10/23/2021 at 3:33 PM, G1000 said:

Kreider out there playing a third period to remember. Goal, good physical play, throwing elbows like Macho Man Randy Savage

On 10/23/2021 at 3:35 PM, Flynn said:

This game was a lot like my sex life. 53 minutes of crap, 7 minutes of frantic effort*

*my wife would probably credit me with 2 minutes of effort and 5 minutes of clutching and grabbing. 

In an absolute "Slam-Dunker", the winning quote for tonight’s Quote of the GDT goes to: @Flynn for this epic comparison!!! 

...Fucking awesome dude!!!!! 

I still can't believe what I saw yesterday, and I have to find a way to remove the pee stain I left on the sofa after Goodrow tipped in the game winner!!  LOL

4-0 on that road trip, kids!!!   ...and as the Nature Boy once said:

Excited Ric Flair GIF

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 3

That was one hell of a character win! I was going to say this is a game they wouldn't have won a year or two ago. But, apparently, they've never really won a game like that before in their history. ?

The offense still doesn't look very good and needs to get going, but Kreider is looking really good so far and more consistently involved even if it's only a few games into the season. Georgiev settled down and gave them a solid outing. They've been getting points in the standings without playing their best hockey on both ends of the ice, so you take it.

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

That was one hell of a character win! I was going to say this is a game they wouldn't have won a year or two ago. But, apparently, they've never really won a game like that before in their history. ?

The offense still doesn't look very good and needs to get going, but Kreider is looking really good so far and more consistently involved even if it's only a few games into the season. Georgiev settled down and gave them a solid outing. They've been getting points in the standings without playing their best hockey on both ends of the ice, so you take it.

Counterpoint here - the offense looks like a dull knife. It's working, but it shouldn't take THIS MUCH EFFORT.

It's coming. Give it time, give it some health.