• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Sounds like they don't think VK is playing up to his talent level, doesn't it?

Didnt really give him a real look tho. Played one and a half pre season games, to me he looked good in the one game where he got to play the entire game.

Atleast more noticeable than Hunt has been the entire pre season and game 1. Same with Goodrow I guess.

4 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Didnt really give him a real look tho. Played one and a half pre season games, to me he looked good in the one game where he got to play the entire game.

Atleast more noticeable than Hunt has been the entire pre season and game 1. Same with Goodrow I guess.

Hunt is a 4th liner. VK isn't.

Goodrow has a role, PKs, and is an established vet.

There's no body of work that says VK is a lock here. And even regardless of that...you know showed they belong here way more than VK? Jones and Barron. But they got sent down and you don't hear them bitching. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

The difference is that you’re not playing Vitaly In a bottom six role. Unlike gauthier, who is kind of in the same situation, Kravtsov doesn’t have speed and size which can still be used on the bottom two lines. I’m sure most would argue gauthier in a bottom 6 role is not ideal either. I’m inclined to agree unless gauthier alters his game. 

Hunt and Kravtsov weren’t competing for a spot. You can make the argument that kravtsov was in competition with Hajek and gauthier for the extra spot. Unlike those two he isn’t waiver eligible so he gets sent down. I still contend they’re keeping Hajek up to trade him OR wanted tinordi up for the first game of the season. You can almost make the argument it was good asset management. Almost. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Hunt is a 4th liner. VK isn't.

Goodrow has a role, PKs, and is an established vet.

There's no body of work that says VK is a lock here. And even regardless of that...you know showed they belong here way more than VK? Jones and Barron. But they got sent down and you don't hear them bitching. 

Its funny how no winger has taken VK's spot according to all of you.

Hunt, Reaves, Goodrow, Blais was the bottom 6 wingers. There's no reason not to play Kravtsov as a 3rd line winger, so removing one of the four mentioned (Blais has been good and Goodrow is obviously gonna play, so Hunt/Reaves out).

Watching Kreider as 1st line RW also gave me aids.

Either the same top 6 and Goodrow/Blais - Chytil - Krav, Goodrow/Blais - Rooney - Reaves/Hunt

Or:

Laf - Mika - Krav/Kakko

Panarin - Strome - Krav/Kakko

Kreider - Chytil - Goodrow

Blais - Rooney - Hunt/Reaves

And I don't really care what Barron and Jones did, its not really a comparable situation. And I would have no problem if they played Barron over Hunt anyway. Or Jones over Tinordi.

7 minutes ago, siddious said:

The difference is that you’re not playing Vitaly In a bottom six role. Unlike gauthier, who is kind of in the same situation, Kravtsov doesn’t have speed and size which can still be used on the bottom two lines. I’m sure most would argue gauthier in a bottom 6 role is not ideal either. I’m inclined to agree unless gauthier alters his game. 

Hunt and Kravtsov weren’t competing for a spot. You can make the argument that kravtsov was in competition with Hajek and gauthier for the extra spot. Unlike those two he isn’t waiver eligible so he gets sent down. I still contend they’re keeping Hajek up to trade him OR wanted tinordi up for the first game of the season. You can almost make the argument it was good asset management. Almost. 

I don't get this narrative. Why cant Kravtsov play on the 3rd line when a player like Chytil can? Krav has showed he's better defensively than Chytil, he's as big as Chytil and a better skater. This makes no sense.

1 minute ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I don't get this narrative. Why cant Kravtsov play on the 3rd line when a player like Chytil can? Krav has showed he's better defensively than Chytil, he's as big as Chytil and a better skater. This makes no sense.

I mean I suppose he can. I’m not overly keen on a Chytil- Kravtsov third line but what do I know. ?

1 minute ago, siddious said:

While normally I’d agree with that, they were probably our best offensive line last night. 

I didnt watch the 3rd, but I seriously don't remember any of them. Hunt was as invisible as in pre season, Goodrow I only noticed on the PK and Chytil I saw one time when he collided with Blais(?) and laid on the ice for a while.

Hunt has a career high 10 points and there's nothing in his game that makes me think he have any offensive upside. He doesnt kill penalties, he's not the "hitting machine" people said he was. I just don't see what he's doing on a 3rd line. He's a 13F or a 4th liner at best. I just don't understand how he was prioritized ahead of Krav (and stop saying he wasn't lol, he litteraly played in a position Kravtsov easily could've played in).

7 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I didnt watch the 3rd, but I seriously don't remember any of them. Hunt was as invisible as in pre season, Goodrow I only noticed on the PK and Chytil I saw one time when he collided with Blais(?) and laid on the ice for a while.

Hunt has a career high 10 points and there's nothing in his game that makes me think he have any offensive upside. He doesnt kill penalties, he's not the "hitting machine" people said he was. I just don't see what he's doing on a 3rd line. He's a 13F or a 4th liner at best. I just don't understand how he was prioritized ahead of Krav (and stop saying he wasn't lol, he litteraly played in a position Kravtsov easily could've played in).

Chytil had a number of shots particularly in the first.

Hunt should be a 4th liner I agree. 

Goodrow has been less than impressive so far. 

I like Goodrow and think he'll be just fine here overall. But, this isn't Tampa and we don't have a Gourde or Coleman here, who he obviously had insane chemistry with. That's what boosted his offensive numbers, and he was just a perfect fit on there digging out the puck for those guys. It's an awfully expensive third or fourth line center here, though.

The key is going to be having skill on that third line. Chytil with any of Kravtsov,  Lafreniere, Kakko going against 3rd pair Ds. Add a big body on the other wing.

Having Goodrow - Chytil - Blais/Hunt is an easy match up for opponents. Same with the 4th line.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Its funny how no winger has taken VK's spot according to all of you.

Hunt, Reaves, Goodrow, Blais was the bottom 6 wingers. There's no reason not to play Kravtsov as a 3rd line winger, so removing one of the four mentioned (Blais has been good and Goodrow is obviously gonna play, so Hunt/Reaves out).

Watching Kreider as 1st line RW also gave me aids.

Either the same top 6 and Goodrow/Blais - Chytil - Krav, Goodrow/Blais - Rooney - Reaves/Hunt

Or:

Laf - Mika - Krav/Kakko

Panarin - Strome - Krav/Kakko

Kreider - Chytil - Goodrow

Blais - Rooney - Hunt/Reaves

And I don't really care what Barron and Jones did, its not really a comparable situation. And I would have no problem if they played Barron over Hunt anyway. Or Jones over Tinordi.

You know what the thing is about those lineups? They might have actually come to pass at some point this year if VK didn't act like a twat.

From Carl’s athletic article this morning;

15 Constant Krav-ing: Just a Kravtsov follow-up. He was told, in no uncertain terms, that he needed to go down and work on his conditioning after his lower-body injury during training camp. If he did so, he’d be back up quickly.

He was also left home during the team bonding trip to Rhode Island to get treatment on that injury. So it wasn’t as lopsided as it appeared, or perhaps as I portrayed it. Still, I think the Rangers had to know that he might react this way. That’s no reason to give a youngster a job, and I didn’t think he was particularly good in his preseason games. I saw him turn over a puck to avoid a hit in Bridgeport, and the coach surely noticed it. And no, he does not have a European escape clause. That was only for the first year of his ELC.

https://theathletic.com/2888493/2021/10/14/carpiniello-rangers-plagued-by-questionable-decisions-lack-of-accountability-in-opening-loss/?source=user_shared_article

If true I take back everything I said yesterday and krav is 100% a little bitch boy 

InB4 some spin about how he wasn't communicated with and still got jerked around, or that Carp is a moron, etc.

One thing is for sure though, the team has to be more fed up with him than I thought. I'm sure they're thinking fuck this kid, and I hope they hold onto him unless they equal return...As in a top 10 pick that just needs some seasoning in the A.

Edited by Pete

5 minutes ago, siddious said:

Carp also said:

So I guess I was wrong on that too. Although it is carp.. 

It was a roster spot. Yes, it matters.

Kravtsov had to be sent down because he's not waivers eligible and they were at the 23 player limit.

34 minutes ago, josh said:

It was a roster spot. Yes, it matters.

Kravtsov had to be sent down because he's not waivers eligible and they were at the 23 player limit.

Yeah its not rocket science really. They had 23 spots, Hajek has a spot (we dont need 8 D's) and Krav did not.

Imagine if they didn't send him down, told him to "work on his conditioning" in NY (he was injured one week, its not like he needed rehabilitation from a year long injury) and now they could've put in a skilled scoring winger after the clusterfuck game 1 was.

I guess we'll see Gauthier do his thing instead and let another top 10 pick rot away...

His trade value is probably down near Lias Andesson levels, and his father is not a scout for anyone.  I hate to lose this guy for nothing without an extended tryout on the third line with Chytil.  Of course, if he was told that it was essentially a conditioning reassignment and he wouldn't take it, what can you do?

8 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Yeah its not rocket science really. They had 23 spots, Hajek has a spot (we dont need 8 D's) and Krav did not.

Imagine if they didn't send him down, told him to "work on his conditioning" in NY (he was injured one week, its not like he needed rehabilitation from a year long injury) and now they could've put in a skilled scoring winger after the clusterfuck game 1 was.

I guess we'll see Gauthier do his thing instead and let another top 10 pick rot away...

And they'd waste a roster spot on him conditioning, why exactly? So his feelings don't get hurt? Come on now.

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

And they'd waste a roster spot on him conditioning, why exactly? So his feelings don't get hurt? Come on now.

No, because he's a better player than Gauthier and Hunt. He played the last pre season game, its not like he need 4 weeks to get ready. "Wasting a roster spot" is giving them out to Gauthier and Hajek lol.

1 minute ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

No, because he's a better player than Gauthier and Hunt. He played the last pre season game, its not like he need 4 weeks to get ready. "Wasting a roster spot" is giving them out to Gauthier and Hajek lol.

Dude, playing in games in the A and getting top line minutes is how you get in game shape.

We already know they have an issue with Krav's off-season training. Follow the facts, this kid showed up out of shape, got hurt, didn't do enough to show he was NHL ready, and was told to go down and get in shape.

If the team is in the habit of not giving roster spots to rookies who show up out of shape, get hurt, and need conditioning, then I'm OK with that.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Dude, playing in games in the A and getting top line minutes is how you get in game shape.

We already know they have an issue with Krav's off-season training. Follow the facts, this kid showed up out of shape, got hurt, didn't do enough to show he was NHL ready, and was told to go down and get in shape.

If the team is in the habit of not giving roster spots to rookies who show up out of shape, get hurt, and need conditioning, then I'm OK with that.

Who said he "showed up out of shape"?

Drury said before pre season he liked his game and that he didnt need prospect camp. If he was that out of shape prospect camp would maybe have been a good idea?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

The flip side of that is they waive Hajek, he gets claimed and people bitch and moan about losing an asset for nothign when Krav, who is sitting due to a conditioning stint, is not even playing.

If the intention was to have Krav get in game shape and come back up its safe to assume one of Tinordi, Gauthier, Hunt, or Hajek is a goner anyway. Krav just being a little bitch at the end of the day.

• Like 1