• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Preseason Game #6: Rangers @ Islanders, 7pm, MSG

Phil

16 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

You're the first say "it's preseason" and then complain that every looks "terrible." 

If "it's preseason" is the excuse to downplay good play, it should also the excuse to absolve mediocre play, no?

I'm just remembering how much we all complained about the team that won the presidents trophy. Like, yeah, there's always something that could be better. There's no such thing as perfection. But when you think back on that team compared to the last 3 years it sucks to think I wasn't satisfied with that team. 

I'm looking at this team now, a team that just missed the playoffs last year, and I'm seeing positive growth. I'm seeing defined roles. I'm seeing a coach with experience. Preseason can show you a lot. And I've really liked what I've seen.

I think you're being a bi dramatic. I didn't say "every" anything looks terrible. I specifically pointed out a handful of player who have not solely been terrible in camp but also going back to last year.

Frankly, this team would have made the playoffs last year, if not for COVID, Putin, and injury, so making the playoffs seems like a no-brainer call that would have nothing to do with a coaching change. When you have a coaching change with a completely rebuilt roster, it's very hard to determine what made the biggest impact.

I also don't agree that preseason can show you a lot  because you're normally playing other team with different rosters based on the specific motivation for that team to dress certain players...Like the game we played against the Bruins ECHL affiliate.

And for the record, I was on the right side of history when y'all were complaining about the President's trophy team, as I was on the right side of it the year the team started 10-2-1 but only scored 15 goals and we kept saying "They're fucked" and others kept saying "But we're winning!"

• Phil unpinned this topic

Welcome back for the last pre-season game, gang!!

........And here are the nominees for last night's Ozzy Quote of the GDT:

On 10/9/2021 at 9:18 PM, shestYORKin said:

Tinordi is a literal time machine to 30yrs ago NHL. bet he looks great on VHS. 

On 10/9/2021 at 9:38 PM, Xander said:

CHYTILMANIA

On 10/9/2021 at 9:45 PM, Drew a Penalty said:

Also, please let this be the last time I ever have to see Greg McKegg and his lips as a Ranger.

...and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to: @Xander for coining another epic Rangers nickname!!!  I hope we get to use it a ton this season, too!!!

• LOL 3