• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Preseason Game #6: Rangers @ Islanders, 7pm, MSG

Phil

1 minute ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Goodrow isn't a goon...

Goodrow is supposed to help prevent this and make us hard to play against. Game is getting chippy and I don't even notice him. Is he playing? Why isn't he chasing Cizikas or Clutterbuck around challenging them? That what I thought he was here for.  Oh and for his pk. And his cups that he alone won for Tampa..

Just now, The Dude said:

Goodrow is supposed to help prevent this and make us hard to play against. Game is getting chippy and I don't even notice him. Is he playing? Why isn't he chasing Cizikas or Clutterbuck around challenging them? That what I thought he was here for.  Oh and for his pk. And his cups that he alone won for Tampa..

He just won a cup, not sure how much he cares about these pre season games.

Atleast give him a few real games before judging him please.

Just now, The Dude said:

His job isn't to chase them around. What? Who does that? You're literally describing the role of a goon. He's an annoying hitter and strong defensively. He fights when he needs to. I don't even think he was on the ice there. Rooney stepped in and stood up for Gauthier and so did Nemeth. You're awfully confused as to what role Goodrow is supposed to play.

3 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

His job isn't to chase them around. What? Who does that? You're literally describing the role of a goon. He's an annoying hitter and strong defensively. He fights when he needs to. I don't even think he was on the ice there. Rooney stepped in and stood up for Gauthier and so did Nemeth. You're awfully confused as to what role Goodrow is supposed to play.

If I can find it, there's a video someone here posted of a mic'ed Goodrow hounding a player half the game to go with him. He's here to be a pest and annoy middleweights whom take liberties.  It's been a chippy game.  He's not engaged in it. He's here FOR THAT.