• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bitetto, Brodzinski, Gettinger, Greco, Kinkaid, Ronning on Waivers

16 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Hard for him to go anywhere when the rest of the NHL has watched him play before. Our only hope would have been if the Islanders wanted him.

I meant kinkaid being the backup and georgiev getting cut. There’s clearly not a market for him any longer.

• Phil changed the title to Bitetto, Brodzinski, Gettinger, Greco, Kinkaid, Ronning on Waivers
56 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Hard for him to go anywhere when the rest of the NHL has watched him play before. Our only hope would have been if the Islanders wanted him.

Is it, or is it that other GMs just don't see the value in giving up an asset (let alone a high-quality one, given the Rangers' valuation of Geo) for a career .912 goalie when they can get a statistically better one for like $500K less on the open market?

The Canes lost their starting goalie in a garbage trade this summer and then signed both Andersen and Raanta, the latter of whom makes about $500K less than Geo with a better career save percentage (.919).

Seravalli also reported at some point this summer that Georgiev has a black cloud hanging over him since the DeAngelo fight.

11 minutes ago, CCCP said:

im sure they'll all clear and will be assigned to Wolfpack

The only one of those guys I'd be worried about getting picked up is Bitetto.  I can see a team that would roster him to be their 6th/7th d-man.  I'll even through out Vancouver as a possible spot with Hamonic's unknown status.

2 minutes ago, Kevin said:

The only one of those guys I'd be worried about getting picked up is Bitetto.  I can see a team that would roster him to be their 6th/7th d-man.  I'll even through out Vancouver as a possible spot with Hamonic's unknown status.

i could see that, especially after scoring a goal

Just now, Drew a Penalty said:

Bitetto going to the Wolfpack is great if he clears. You want a veteran presence on the defense there and he's someone who probably should be the captain. Good attitude, knows how to work his way into the NHL, has an obvious love for being a Ranger.

but he'd be a Wolfpacker ?

Bitteto played pretty well in his first stint last year, and then, after a lengthy stay on the taxi squad, he was not very good when he got another chance late.  Keeping him primed in Hartford for inevitable injuries is a good idea.  As Vito Corleone used to say, "One day I will call on you."

Anyone else get the idea that most of the Rangers liked ADA better than Georgiev?

1 hour ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Bitetto going to the Wolfpack is great if he clears. You want a veteran presence on the defense there and he's someone who probably should be the captain. Good attitude, knows how to work his way into the NHL, has an obvious love for being a Ranger.

Tinordi can do that. He was captain of the Admirals years back.

28-tinordi,-jarred-(10).jpg

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Why? They could have waived him as easily as Kinkaid. If no one wants him, Wolfpack.

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Is it, or is it that other GMs just don't see the value in giving up an asset (let alone a high-quality one, given the Rangers' valuation of Geo) for a career .912 goalie when they can get a statistically better one for like $500K less on the open market?

The Canes lost their starting goalie in a garbage trade this summer and then signed both Andersen and Raanta, the latter of whom makes about $500K less than Geo with a better career save percentage (.919).

Seravalli also reported at some point this summer that Georgiev has a black cloud hanging over him since the DeAngelo fight.

It’s probably a bit of both. But I think you’re agreeing with me just in a different way. The rest of the NHL could easily pick up a GEO equal without giving up anything. He’s as average as it gets.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Why? They could have waived him as easily as Kinkaid. If no one wants him, Wolfpack.

True. But then it’s Kinkaid who likely also clears waivers as well. Kinkaid was a nice little story for 5 minutes but I think he’s even worse of a season long option than Geo. At least we know GEO can face the Islanders.  The benefit of keeping Kinkaid would be that they can probably get his jock from the rafters the day they raise Hanks number. 

16 minutes ago, Keirik said:

It’s probably a bit of both. But I think you’re agreeing with me just in a different way. The rest of the NHL could easily pick up a GEO equal without giving up anything. He’s as average as it gets.

Roundabout, yeah. I think his case is slightly more compounded, but basically, why give up an asset and cap space for an average backup when you can likely just sign one? We saw that basically the whole off season. Not to mention, if the Rangers actually believe he's worth a first-round pick, they're fucking crazy.

• Applause 1

4 hours ago, Keirik said:

Should have traded him 18 months ago. We’ve been over this. While he might be someone else’s starter, he’s only a backup to us, and we knew that. 

I don’t know about you, but I’d have preferred a 2nd round pick and a B prospect to paying him 2.35 

We could’ve packaged those 2 assets with others for a real need. 

He’s a backup for them and no more, and only that in the short-term. Rather have had a piece that could’ve helped now where that needed it.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, RangersIn7 said:

Should have traded him 18 months ago. We’ve been over this. While he might be someone else’s starter, he’s only a backup to us, and we knew that. 

I don’t know about you, but I’d have preferred a 2nd round pick and a B prospect to paying him 2.35 

We could’ve packaged those 2 assets with others for a real need. 

He’s a backup for them and no more, and only that in the short-term. Rather have had a piece that could’ve helped now where that needed it.

Especially on a team where we still aren’t 100% positive how many games Shesty really can play.

3 hours ago, Keirik said:

True. But then it’s Kinkaid who likely also clears waivers as well. Kinkaid was a nice little story for 5 minutes but I think he’s even worse of a season long option than Geo. At least we know GEO can face the Islanders.  The benefit of keeping Kinkaid would be that they can probably get his jock from the rafters the day they raise Hanks number. 

Kinkaid has had a decent career though. I think he even has playoff experience. I go with Kinkaid as a more proven goaltender, over Georgiev.  

You waive Georgiev in hope that someone takes that contract. If not, he's got an opportunity to play every day in Hartford to work his way back.  

I'm done with Georgiev . Have been for over a year.  Never got the appeal.  Didn't really ever do much here to open my eyes. 

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Kinkaid has had a decent career though. I think he even has playoff experience. I go with Kinkaid as a more proven goaltender, over Georgiev.  

You waive Georgiev in hope that someone takes that contract. If not, he's got an opportunity to play every day in Hartford to work his way back.  

I'm done with Georgiev . Have been for over a year.  Never got the appeal.  Didn't really ever do much here to open my eyes. 

That’s definitely an option but Kinkaid has shown to also be way below NHL standards for us even last year at times. I can’t imagine they go that route.