• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

UHL Suspends Andri Denyskin for 13 Games After On-Ice Racist Incident

Phil

• Phil changed the title to IIHF Condemns Actions of Andri Denyskin After On-Ice Racist Incident in UHL
  • Phil changed the title to UHL Suspends Andri Denyskin for 13 Games After On-Ice Racist Incident
19 minutes ago, Kevin said:

13 games....I feel like that's so wrong on so many levels that there has to be another reason for the length.  I have a feeling the IHF will ban him forever but this guy wouldn't play international hockey anyway.  

Ban forever for a racist gesture?  Bertuzzi got one year for paralizing a guy. 
i feel like in sports you could get away with murder, get few games suspension 

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

Ukrainian league.

Ahh.. okay I hadn't seen it explained anywhere so I wasn't sure.

The punishment isn't all that surprising to me. Not to be xenophobic but eastern europe isn't exactly a bastion for racial equality (I am eastern european no need for pitchforks).

25 minutes ago, siddious said:

Ahh.. okay I hadn't seen it explained anywhere so I wasn't sure.

The punishment isn't all that surprising to me. Not to be xenophobic but eastern europe isn't exactly a bastion for racial equality (I am eastern european no need for pitchforks).

It's incredibly soft, though. 13 games for blatant racism and a dog shit apology that basically read like "sorry you were offended?" GTFO of here with that shit. This guy should have had his season taken away from him.

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

It's incredibly soft, though. 13 games for blatant racism and a dog shit apology that basically read like "sorry you were offended?" GTFO of here with that shit. This guy should have had his season taken away from him.

I agree with you. I am just saying its not surprising. And to be perfectly frank what you are describing may be exactly what happened. If not for the outrage online he may not have gotten anything. 

11 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

the 13 games is actually 3 games, with the option to pay a fine instead of sitting out 10 games. The fee for the 10 games is about $2,000

so barely any punishment for blatant racism. Totally unacceptable. But this is Ukraine, where being a Nazi is not even considered a bad thing

No, this was initially reported but I read last night it was a translation error.

Its 13 games AND a fine, not OR a fine.