• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

ESPN+/NHL TV

Dr. Jimmy

Ok so here in Florida I used NHLTV last season to watch just about every Rangers game (with the MSG feed) with a few exceptions.  Am I gonna be able to do that again this season, or do I need to subscribe to ESPN+ to get the same deal?  I'm sorta clueless when it comes to this whole streaming thing and the NHLTV interface was easy to navigate etc... I can see ESPN shoving soccer, foosball, axethrowing and oh yeah, hockey too at me with a real wonky interface.  Any ideas how to watch this season?

• Phil changed the title to ESPN+/NHL TV

I believe NHLTV is no longer a thing this year (at least in the US)

ESPN+ will basically be the new NHLTV. Definitely worth it. Its much cheaper than paying for NHL TV every year and you obviously get a lot more content 

If you don't want to pay for anything though, the internet is filled with illegal streams lol

PM me and I can direct you to a good source

20 minutes ago, siddious said:

From my understanding espntv isnt going to have EVERY game available like nhl.tv did?

I.e. if you wanna watch all 82 ranger games out of market you’re fucked. 

or am I wrong?

Same blackout rules apply, I believe. If the game is nationally broadcast (TNT, ESPN, ABC) or local (i.e. Rangers, Islanders, Devils, etc. for NY market) it's blacked out. If you're out of market, only the nationally broadcast games would be blacked out.

Just now, Morphinity said:

Same blackout rules apply, I believe. If the game is nationally broadcast (TNT, ESPN, ABC) or local (i.e. Rangers, Islanders, Devils, etc. for NY market) it's blacked out. If you're out of market, only the nationally broadcast games would be blacked out.

No, I get that. I meant if theres 5 games on tonight, is espn going to have all 5 available to watch if youre out of market, or just the one game they have been assigned to show that night?

27 minutes ago, Morphinity said:

No, it's all the games. It's replacing NHL.tv entirely. 

really hope this is true. but I’m looking at ESPN+ right now for tomorrow night vs Boston and it’s not there. 

also not seeing yet that we can choose between the home and away feed. this is gonna be awful when we’re playing in Arizona and stuck with their announcers. 

and one last gripe, last night ESPN+ was a full 2min behind the action. brutal if you’re on social. had to switch to NHL66 after the 1st period. 

1 hour ago, shestYORKin said:

really hope this is true. but I’m looking at ESPN+ right now for tomorrow night vs Boston and it’s not there. 

also not seeing yet that we can choose between the home and away feed. this is gonna be awful when we’re playing in Arizona and stuck with their announcers. 

and one last gripe, last night ESPN+ was a full 2min behind the action. brutal if you’re on social. had to switch to NHL66 after the 1st period. 

Tomorrow night's game is a national game (NHLN), so it won't be on ESPN+

I was able to choose between Rangers and Islanders feeds for last night's game using ESPN+

Interesting, I watched the game last night thru the NHL TV app on my firestick, I went there and lo and behold same setup as last season with home and away feeds.  I did signup for ESPN+ though so I wonder if that had something to do with it?  I honestly know fuck all about this stuff and just hope I can get a majority of the games (preferably with the MSG feed)......

Pretty sure those are the "exclusives" - so you won't be able to watch the Rangers-Bruins game on the day after Thanksgiving without ESPN+, for example.

My understanding is that every out of market game that isn't on national TV is on ESPN+/Hulu.

It's rather confusing to note that there do seem to be preseason games missing (for example, I can't yet see a link to Jackets-Sabres for tonight's game).