• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign Patrick Nemeth to 3-Year/$7.5M Contract; $2.5M AAV

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Bugg said:

The New York Rangers; funding the IRAs of old worthless defensemen on their way out of the NHL going on half a century. 

I mean hes... 30. not exactly "old". son of a bitch is younger than me which is a whole other dilemma for me.

But I agree with the sentiment- I will never understand why this team cannot field 6 solid defensmen. No one expects a 5th/6th dman to be spectacular but I really dont think its too much to ask to have someone who is steady in his own zone. 

1 minute ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

What blows my mind is that they keep playing him.  He obviously has no future with the team.  And how can Jones do any worse at this point?

Yea I would bring up jones and lundkvist at this point and just let them get the experience

29 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

What blows my mind is that they keep playing him.  He obviously has no future with the team.  And how can Jones do any worse at this point?

I say this not having watched a minute of last night's game, but I don't think Jones is the answer. Maybe short-term, but he's so small. I think he probably works fairly well in the regular season but gets crushed if he's a regular playoff player.

38 minutes ago, Phil said:

I say this not having watched a minute of last night's game, but I don't think Jones is the answer. Maybe short-term, but he's so small. I think he probably works fairly well in the regular season but gets crushed if he's a regular playoff player.

Jones may end up being too small, but why not find out now instead of waiting?

We know Nemeth isn't the answer.  

9 minutes ago, G1000 said:

Should we just stop signing UFA defensemen? 

Fucking seriously - who was the last true UFA defender we signed that we didn't absolutely hate after year 1?

Does Trouba count? I love him at times and hate him at times but he’s been decent here.