• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Draft [C] Jayden Grubbe in 3rd Round (65th Pick)

Drew a Penalty

Tons to like here. Looks like a mean mother fucker. The ACL thing is really concerning though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yea sounds like high risk high reward. As the guy on nhl network said though… “rangers don’t seem to be concerned”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't watched him at all, but from what I've read it seems like he's really more of a low-risk/low-reward type. He's a strong faceoff center who's very physically engaged and has skating/conditioning issues. I guess the upside is Howden if he wasn't bad.

By high reward I meant nhl quality rather than a star, I agree sounds like a 3rd liner maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/475192/jayden-grubbe

If there’s a defining skill here, it’s Grubbe’s defence. He’s less aggressive, and more quietly intelligent, eliminating off-puck threats, reading switch offs, and constantly scanning and adjusting. In transition, he builds speed under the puck, pushes plays to the middle, and finishes his off-puck routes to create space behind him. -EliteProspects 2021 NHL Draft Guide

This one seems like a real reach...I guess they didn't want to risk him being there at 104.

I haven't watched him at all, but from what I've read it seems like he's really more of a low-risk/low-reward type. He's a strong faceoff center who's very physically engaged and has skating/conditioning issues. I guess the upside is Howden if he wasn't bad.

Yeah - this is a guy you pick with the longshot hope he's something more, but the more basic hope that he's like a Sami Pahlsson type.

• 1 year later...
On 4/12/2023 at 12:33 PM, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

What's the reason for this? Drafted under 2 years ago, doubled his point tally from last year. 6'3 200lbs center when we have zero center prospects in the org.

I have no knowledge of the player or the league he played in, but this makes no sense to me.

My guess is he lacks foot speed.

4 hours ago, Kevin said:

My guess is he lacks foot speed.

or a brain

j/k.  have no idea what he is, but we made the playoffs this year for the first time in the AHL (even though he's not there) i think in 6 years.  must be doing something right down there.

Drury did dust that shit off.  

• Like 1