• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 NHL Entry Draft: 8pm, ESPN2

Phil

I mean does he really get credit for saying the "right" things here. That's like a coach at his introductory presser say we want to be the hardest working team, you know outwork the other team night in and night out. Be tough to play against, out score'em ya know, get the two points.

It's the same canned things Gallant (and every other coach/player says). I don't think there's much credit to be given for stating the obvious. It's not like he went off the board with anything he said.

I don't know enough about the kid to comment on where I think he'll end up or what he truly is but pretty sure he does know how to follow a script.

I also think it's good to know most had this pick packaged as part of a deal to actually make the team better today. That didn't happen, I'm pretty confident of that.

Read the Athletic article about him. Everything he says seems to be backed by others. There are only so many ways for a player to describe their game.

How many players say they admire an NHLer because of their desire to learn? I don’t think that’s a particularly canned response.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone agrees: Rangers need to get tougher

Rangers trade for gritty winger: people unhappy

Rangers draft gritty winger: people unhappy

Gotta love this fan base [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shattered expectations. Buchnevich deserved a better return than he got - it isn't Blais that's the problem, it's the "and..." piece that's the problem. Blais+Dunn, Blais+1st, Blais+Thomas for Buch and a pick - all would have been better received.

Shattered expectations. Buchnevich deserved a better return than he got - it isn't Blais that's the problem, it's the "and..." piece that's the problem. Blais+Dunn, Blais+1st, Blais+Thomas for Buch and a pick - all would have been better received.

I know. I agree. But it is what it is at this point. It may have been the best deal on the table. I’ll grade drurys entire off season when it’s over rather than one move though.

With an organizational need at center and with the experience of playing with Lafreniere, I'm a bit surprised they didn't go with Bolduc.
You can't draft for organizational need past the first two or three picks... Anyone they got at 15 was probably 2 to 3 years away from being an NHL contributor, at least.

I know. I agree. But it is what it is at this point. It may have been the best deal on the table. I’ll grade drurys entire off season when it’s over rather than one move though.

Yeah - IMO it's now all about what he does with the cap space.

Here are the finalists for Friday's GDT for this year's NHL Entry Draft:

I mean, Dru Krebs is very much not a first-round pick. His mother is, though.

oh lord ESPN "Gorton you were in the Sabres GM chair last year"

"Rimouski is French for Secaucus"

Prefer Bobby Boucher.

I'd like to propose a trade, Libor Hajek for a truckload of Breckinridge Brewery Vanilla Porter please.

Sorry for the delay on this one, gang!!! It was an active weekend, to say the least. But we did come away with the Cup! (...golf that is!!!)

....And the winner is Drew with him actually making me have to google "Dru Krebs' mom"!!!

Here are the finalists for Friday's GDT for this year's NHL Entry Draft:

Sorry for the delay on this one, gang!!! It was an active weekend, to say the least. But we did come away with the Cup! (...golf that is!!!)

....And the winner is Drew with him actually making me have to google "Dru Krebs' mom"!!!

I'm still mourning the thought of those lost assets.

I'm still mourning the thought of those lost assets.

Nobody seems to landing anything in return lately...the market must suck balls, Drew.

Ghost and a couple others went for peanuts too...

....and this draft wasn't so hot this year. I never thought we'd use that pick in a million years!

I wouldda picked Krebs' mom too though!! :rofl:

Nobody seems to landing anything in return lately...the market must suck balls, Drew.

Ghost and a couple others went for peanuts too...

....and this draft wasn't so hot this year. I never thought we'd use the pick in a million years!

I wouldda picked Krebs' mom too though!! :rofl:

I meant her assets lol