• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 NHL Entry Draft: 8pm, ESPN2

Phil

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like he fits the profile of the team we’re trying to build and the style we’re trying to play. Chris Kunitz? Sounds nice

That is the profile of the team the needs now, currently, not wait for this kid to develop into a Kunitz, 3-4 years down the road. Rangers need center depth to develop.

That is the profile of the team the needs now, currently, not wait for this kid to develop into a Kunitz, 3-4 years down the road. Rangers need center depth to develop.

Nobody the Rangers would’ve taken now would step into this lineup and fill a need. We have tons of defensive prospects and wing prospects that we can move to get a solve for a center now.

He didn’t even score in juniors, he’s not big and he’s certainly not worth a mid 1st round pick. Keep rationalizing with yourselves that everything is going to be okay with this hand puppet at the helm. Things are going great so far.

He was literally ranked 16th, dawg. The last few days for you have been rough.

He didn’t even score in juniors, he’s not big and he’s certainly not worth a mid 1st round pick. Keep rationalizing with yourselves that everything is going to be okay with this hand puppet at the helm. Things are going great so far.
Everyone said past like the first 8 picks its anyone's guess. Ottawa could've landed a franchise player in Boucher, rough year for scouting. Why stress about it this early?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nobody the Rangers would’ve taken now would step into this lineup and fill a need. We have tons of defensive prospects and wing prospects that we can move to get a solve for a center now.

of course their pick wouldn't fill a need now, but the rangers are deep on wing now, and down the road. Center not so much down the road, you draft a center now, to develop the depth for down the road since that's probably their weakest long term position.

You can find a Kunitz type of player in a later round

Everyone said past like the first 8 picks its anyone's guess. Ottawa could've landed a franchise player in Boucher, rough year for scouting. Why stress about it this early?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Gotta protect the salt brand.

He was literally ranked 16th, dawg. The last few days for you have been rough.

I don’t care what he was ranked, he small, didn’t score and the scouting reports say his skating is bad. I haven’t seen him but he sounds like a bottom 6 ceiling, which is all we’re obsessing over. You don’t take guys who don’t have size and can’t skate this high in today’s nhl.

I don’t care what he was ranked, he small, didn’t score and the scouting reports say his skating is bad. I haven’t seen him but he sounds like a bottom 6 ceiling, which is all we’re obsessing over. You don’t take guys who don’t have size and can’t skate this high in today’s nhl.

You haven't seen him, but the talking heads like him. Word. That says all that needs to be said.

of course their pick wouldn't fill a need now, but the rangers are deep on wing now, and down the road. Center not so much down the road, you draft a center now, to develop the depth for down the road since that's probably their weakest long term position.

The comps mean nothing. Every big d is called the next Victor Hedman. Rangers picked who they thought was the BPA, which is how we got a stacked farm system. Keep piling them in. You can trade for a center with all your depth.

I mean, nobody knows right, so you have to assume he was the best player available at that pick. Time will tell.

The one thing I do like is he went to play in Europe. I get the impression this speeds up a kids development a little sometimes playing against men at a young age. Also, they tend to acclimatize quicker when/if they make it to the NHL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Othmann loves nothing more than to collect the puck on the breakout, lead the charge into the offensive zone, and turn the corner on opposing defenders. He always attacks at full speed, playing a high-pace style, and pressuring with that same level of intensity. He pressures on the forecheck, plays the body, and takes good routes to cut off the opposition’s attempts at a breakout. -EliteProspects 2021 NHL Draft Guide

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/529248/brennan-othmann

A high pace attacker with a precise quick-release wrister and diverse rush patterns that fool even formidable defenders, EPRinkside.com 2021

An advanced puck protector, cutting off defenders recovery routes before working play to the inside, EPRinkside.com 2021

His hard shot and excellent release to get it off at his top speed is what separates him from others, Hockeyprospect.com 2019

Pace? Check. Shot? Check. Grit? Check. Sounds kinda Tom Wilson-esque, hopefully less of an asshat

Chris Kunitz was a consistent 50+ point player and a four-time Stanley Cup champion. He was a very good player. You don't find those so easily.

Chris Kunitz was a consistent 50+ point player and a four-time Stanley Cup champion. He was a very good player. You don't find those so easily.

Anaheim did a pretty good job of finding Kunitz since he was undrafted, and pretty easy to win 3 Cups on a stacked Penguins team and an Anaheim team.

As a grinder who can’t skate. That’s not who I want my team taking 16th overall. Get that later. Don’t need to watch him to see that. He sounds exactly like Lias all over again.

Lias didn't want to grind. He was disgruntled that he wasn't given a bigger role and wanted powerplay time. They had to spoonfeed him strictly offensive minutes in Hartford during his final stint there because he was being such a little bitch. Andersson sucks because he chose to complain instead of doing the work. His skating just also happens to suck. This Othmann kid setting up a gym in his garage seems like he already has more of a work ethic.