• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Are Reilly Smith or Jonathan Marchessault on Rangers, Gallant's Radar?

Phil

18 minutes ago, Phil said:

I haven't looked at their cap, but my guess is maybe just one? Cap hits are prorated, so $10 million Eichel isn't actually $10 million this season.

Just going off of this article

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/golden-knights-face-salary-cap-conundrum-after-acquiring-jack-eichel

or more specifically here

When fully healthy, the Golden Knights’ roster is about $10 million over the salary cap, which can be trimmed to just over $7 million by moving off Jonas Rondbjerg, Jake Leschyshyn, Michael Amadio and Ben Hutton.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2021/nov/04/vgk-the-jack-eichel-puzzle-what-questions-remain-f/

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Keirik said:

Yeah, but by the time Vegas is fully healthy, the combination of cap savings from Stone, Pacioretty, and Eichel will far exceed 10M; those three alone make ~26M and will each miss over a third of the season.

It's a summer problem for Vegas.

1 hour ago, G1000 said:

Yeah, but by the time Vegas is fully healthy, the combination of cap savings from Stone, Pacioretty, and Eichel will far exceed 10M; those three alone make ~26M and will each miss over a third of the season.

It's a summer problem for Vegas.

You sure? From everything I read, they are expecting to need to clear some cap before Eichel can come back unless he does a Kucherov of course

25 minutes ago, Keirik said:

You sure? From everything I read, they are expecting to need to clear some cap before Eichel can come back unless he does a Kucherov of course

I'm not, because apparently Stone is already back, which is shocking. 

They're currently operating at ~68m in on-roster salary, with nearly 23M in injury/LTIR

1 hour ago, G1000 said:

I'm not, because apparently Stone is already back, which is shocking. 

They're currently operating at ~68m in on-roster salary, with nearly 23M in injury/LTIR

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that I’ve heard multiple times that they would need to clear cap space before Eichel could ever join the team assuming the other guys also are back. There’s plent6 of time for them however since it’s not imminent at all. 

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

Until we start losing consistently, I'm not sure the FO is going to make any moves at all.

I disagree.

We’re hurting right now. And it’s only a matter of time before the depth comes into question. I’d sooner see them nip it in the ass now then be desperate for it later and have teams try to bend us over the counter for help.

Options will emerge, but the Rangers should be investigating.