• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Gabriel Landeskog

LindG1000

Does more need to be said? Guy is 6'1", 215, plays a real hard game, generally a .8 ppg player or so, checks every box we're looking for, and takes an awful lot of faceoffs for a guy who claims to be a LW

First, you aren’t signing him to play C.

There will be big bidders for him. Not sure I’d want to get involved.

Another player youd love to have, but can’t afford.

If the offers he's getting from the Avalanche are in the range reported, I don't really buy that you can't afford him.

There will be big bidders for him, though.

If the offers he's getting from the Avalanche are in the range reported, I don't really buy that you can't afford him.

There will be big bidders for him, though.

Big bidders - on the open market.

$6m per, yeah, you do it.

I’m thinking he’s closer to Tkachuks next contract 8.5+

The more I see some of the numbers going around, the more I see Zibanejad, Strome, and Buchnevich's contracts going down. Zibanejad, in particular, I have trouble seeing getting anywhere near 8.5-9 in this market. He has to be more around 7-7.5 right now.

But, to the point of the thread, Landeskog is another one of those guys you take over Buchnevich if you can get him at a good price. Either move Lafreniere to the right or I dunno if Landeskog can play the right or not...

This can't happen.. The Rangers only trade AWAY captains these days, they don't trade FOR them.

In all seriousness.. Landeskog is an impressive guy on the ice, but might be more so off it. Would be an absolute no brainer.

He'd likely be getting a lot more time at center but plays with Mackinnon.. If we could nab him he'd be the guy for us

If CK20 was dealt(in our dreams right)

It be nice at

1-Laf-Zib-Buch/Kakko

2-Panarin-Landeskog-Kravtsov/Strome

3-Chytil-3C/Strome-Buch/Kakko

4th

Definitely gives them flexibility to move strome/landeskog around the lineup and much needed leadership! (will be 29 in Nov.) -- like mentioned elsewhere he makes much more sense than Stamkos, Eichel, Tarasenko etc.

Edit: Aves just dealt Graves to the Devils which imo if they felt they couldn't keep Landes they would of hung onto Graves and exposed Landes.

I doubt Sakic will let him slip away. Plus they're closer to winning a cup than probably most of the teams that will be after him I'd bet.

Interesting to see what he chooses...A run at the Cup or the big "$".

According to Friedman on the latest 31 Thoughts podcast, this process has really soured and Landeskog is "hurt" by not being offered the deal he wants. Makes it really sound like he's going to test the market.

Imagine being the 4th or 5th best player on your team and wanting 10m in a flat cap....

Delusional request.

To be fair, there are a few teams that really could give him that - us included - but man, that's a high tag for a guy that's probably more in the Ryan O'Reilly range.