• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Pierre McGuirre Joins Sens as Senior VP of Player Development; Fired Less Than A Year Later

"tedious" is the understatement of the last decade. Not to mention his personal relationship with half the players on the Penguins and him having Crosby over to his house for dinner...

Nationally televised games are an opportunity to grow the game. I've been watching hockey for close to 30 years now and even I had no idea what the hell he was talking about, I can't imagine what a casual fan or new fan was thinking listening to him ramble.

Or why it was valuable. Sometimes he'd point out connections at Junior/college level that were useful in drawing a comparison during a game between clubs, but most of the time it was the most obscure reference to a team that I'm pretty sure 95% of hockey fans (let alone first-timers) couldn't tell you was real or not.

"Bada bap bap lemme tell you, guys, this guy is a gamer! A total and complete gamer going back to his time playing for Jaques Leraques for the Kimbleton Kookamungas out of Kitchener Saskatchewan for the great Gord McMurphy! This guy's gonna be a player! Some say he's the next Kristopher Letang -- a standout graduate out of the WHL's Kelona Rockets run by Tommy Tupperware! Bada bap bap bap!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4

Or why it was valuable. Sometimes he'd point out connections at Junior/college level that were useful in drawing a comparison during a game between clubs, but most of the time it was the most obscure reference to a team that I'm pretty sure 95% of hockey fans (let alone first-timers) couldn't tell you was real or not.

"Bada bap bap lemme tell you, guys, this guy is a gamer! A total and complete gamer going back to his time playing for Jaques Leraques for the Kimbleton Kookamungas out of Kitchener Saskatchewan for the great Gord McMurphy! This guy's gonna be a player! Some say he's the next Kristopher Letang -- a standout graduate out of the WHL's Kelona Rockets run by Tommy Tupperware! Bada bap bap bap!"

This sentence just gave Canada a collective aneurysm for its complete inaccuracy with the Canadian-ness but purity of the McGuireness.

LMAO! You win the internet today.

Would never advocate violence, BUT...Wonder somebody did not forcibly stick his face in a toilet until he stopped breathing. Tedious, blathering, ponderous, pointless....

I liked Pierre, he loved the game and was excited when talking about it

I feel like hockey fans operate in this hivemind around media personalities

I sort of agree. The only real thing that legitimately drove me nuts about him was the fellatio of Crosby and the Penguins for like a decade.

• 9 months later...
  • Phil changed the title to Pierre McGuirre Joins Sens as Senior VP of Player Development; Fired Less Than A Year Later

Oh man, I was just talking about him with my mom and how it's really nice I don't have to hear about who played junior with whom and where and who ate how many cakes at the local dinner. 

Fuck you pierre. 

36 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

I see it now, 1st game back on TV.....Pens/Rangers Game 7.....🤣

Yup. The Pens are in. He's gotta audition for getting into their FO.

KRISTOPHER LETANG!