• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Brian Leetch Resigns from Hockey Operations Advisory Position with Rangers

Lord Al

Newly appointed president and general manager Chris Drury had asked Leetch to stay with the franchise, but the former Blueshirts defenseman still opted to step away. Leetch’s resignation comes on the heels of CEO Jim Dolan’s dismissals of former president John Davidson and general manager Jeff Gorton, as well as Drury’s decision to relieve David Quinn of his head-coaching duties.

Gorton announced in September 2017 that Leetch was hired to work with the hockey operations department in both hockey-related decisions along with off-ice player and prospect development. Additionally, Leetch was charged with assisting prospects in the organization, which included the team’s AHL affiliate, the Hartford Wolf Pack. Brad Richards, who played three seasons in New York, was also brought on in the same role at that time and remains with the team.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/13/brian-leetch-resigns-from-job-as-a-rangers-adviser/

Probably related to the JD situation and/or dismissing Quinn. I'm leaning towards letting JD and Gorton go. This is not ideal. Also, I was today years old when I found out Brad Richards works for the team.

lol So do Tanner Glass and Tuomo Ruutu.

I can't honestly say I knew Leetch actually worked for the Rangers. As Josh mentioned I'd known of Glass and Ruutu, and Ortmeyer. Even Graves to a lesser extent.. Leetch and Richards were news to me. Perhaps they were just figurehead type jobs?

I dont think people resign from cushy jobs like this unless it becomes a really shitty environment to work in. Not a good sign of things to come.

Yeah this doesn't give me the warm fuzzys

I love it. He was probably told if he wanted the job, he actually had to do the job.

When you put people in 'player development' roles, they better be involved with the GD player development when you have a plethora of young prospects.

Leetch was charged with assisting prospects in the organization

I hope Drury made him accountable. Leetch didnt want to be.

*insert Phil's favorite 'Bye' gif*

The whole of this thread is complete speculation, Pete.

A guy we all generally like left a position most of us had no idea he had and have no concept of what the job means with a team that's going through quite a bit of front office turnover. Cue speculation, I guess.